Soft Top Door Stop Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
7F1644DC-02DE-4DE3-9FD2-7ACCF9573CE2.jpeg
F531A451-FC56-47CB-B768-4092DAF4851A.jpeg
1269591E-3A0B-44F7-911A-4816FE55B167.jpeg
i have a 69’ FJ40FST. Will the stops in the pix below work for my rig— they are $45 each so I want to make sure they work. Thanks in advance! Pix of my door and rig also noted below.

hi Marty ,

i think they will , but get more then 2 opinion's on this , calling @Living in the Past

one thing is , take note , the condition of all the small hardware , plastic washers , rubber grommets etc , Count on replacing all

that with OEM New Toyota stuff , so its $45 + all that al$o to get it right , your really just buying the metal arm in reality from cruiser corps

BTW, I really Like your New AVATAR , it fits ! :poof:

Thanks Matt. I could always text John (LITP) but I know that Whitey's opinion is pretty solid since he has these same doors. Thanks for the Avatar kudos--yep, it does fit. Kind of a Tranformerish looking.

Thanks Matt. I could always text John (LITP) but I know that Whitey's opinion is pretty solid since he has these same doors. Thanks for the Avatar kudos--yep, it does fit. Kind of a Tranformerish looking.

i just picked up a Core with 1 row of Atomized Fuel dots , i will have to recall what that mean's FJ55 maybe ?

I think that is correct as I recall per a post Mark did in another thread. Can't wait to get my knobs--I should have the choke and vent knobs off to you in a couple of weeks--you are still up at 3 a.m. in Maryland I see--nice --typical Matt:)

Just ordered the door stops from Land Cruiser Parts. later gents and thanks for the input! mt

I think that is correct as I recall per a post Mark did in another thread. Can't wait to get my knobs--I should have the choke and vent knobs off to you in a couple of weeks--you are still up at 3 a.m. in Maryland I see--nice --typical Matt:)

:beer::beer::beer:

Up until a few months ago never know the soft doors had a different limit rod. On my 68 I've run the factory hard doors, later hard doors and soft top doors off a 69 & 73. I may have filed out the opening in the A pillar for the later hard doors. I switch to 79 doors back in 83 and don't remember but think I did. Didn't get my first soft doors until 94 so if filing the opening made a difference I don't know. Never compared the limiter from my 73 FST to the ones in my 68 FHT. My 73 had a 72 hard top and doors, bows and doors were in the back.

i have 2 different styles here 1 is a bit longer than the other i dont remember which one is which

Well, I already bought the ones listed above--will see if they fit :)

I think the shorter ones are for the FST so the doors don't open far enough to fall out of the hinges. I had to find a pair for my build, not sure which I got, and in my case either will work as I'm using QuikHinges rather than factory.

I think the shorter ones are for the FST so the doors don't open far enough to fall out of the hinges. I had to find a pair for my build, not sure which I got, and in my case either will work as I'm using QuikHinges rather than factory.

How do you have your hinges mounted?

Do you have them so the doors drop in and lift off?

Thought it was the other way around. You don't have to worry about the soft doors falling off. They have to lift up and out of the factory soft top hinges. Being the top of the hinge is only half a circle worry more of the weight of hard doors on them. When I switch between hard and soft doors I switch hinges at the same time.

Thought it was the other way around. You don't have to worry about the soft doors falling off. They have to lift up and out of the factory soft top hinges. Being the top of the hinge is only half a circle worry more of the weight of hard doors on them. When I switch between hard and soft doors I switch hinges at the same time.
You could be right. My experience with the factory FST hinges is limited, as my rig did not come with a full set. That's why I changed to @69LC 's Quik Hinges. Those are strong enough to use with hard doors as well. Switching between soft and hard would not require changing the hinges on the tub.

How do you have your hinges mounted?

Do you have them so the doors drop in and lift off?
When I had them mounted, they were mounted correctly. Of course, since the tub is bare now...

img_1259-jpg.1777091

Yes mine would lift up and out (just as you described) and mine is an original 69FST

This hinges were used on the FJ25 FST thru the seventies FJ40 were the same. The earlier soft top doors until the shape of the door changed in 63 hinges were welded to the door. The A pillar section of the hinge was always bolted on and had the same four bolt pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom