SOA or 4" Springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TOTAL bill as of right now, is $16.

I can drive it but will need brake lines before any off roading.
Steering i bent the drag link to fit works perfect, will bind only under
close to full travel but once spring settle a bit should have no problems.

Steering will be redone once i decide which PS setup to go with, next yr.

the rear driveshaft i had on before the soa is the same one that went back on, dont understand how but it is perfect length and plenty of travel. Front i drilled perches and plates to slide axle forward on pins a 1.5" to fit a driveshaft i already had. Front shock mounts just need to reverse the bolt to match front axle, rear just using orginal plates turn upside down on the spring packs with the shock mount to the outside, have to measure but i think there it will allow plenty of travel for droop, etc..

FWIW, i love my SO. i did the shackle reversal and flipped the springs 180, had a SM465 and did not cut and turn the knuckles. castor set to 2 degrees. with the longer front drive shaft, i have no vibration, u-joint bind, etc. and i've used it at full articulation. only down side with the longer front DS is the rear one is only 18". had to go CV. drives like a dream now.

[quote author=HI^C link=board=1;threadid=6806;start=msg57905#msg57905 date=1067735804]
Figure out if your going to need break lines first or not!!!!!!!!!!!

i need rear for sure, could use a front also ( could move the mount a bit, but rather have longer then to short. Spent three days and 9 parts stores nobody had in stock, or could get one within 3 days. MOST interchangable hoses with longer lengths were DISCONTINUED. I have 15 part numbers for different hoses from different manufactures, of which 10 are a longer length interchange, and only 4 are still made!!!!!!!!!!! These were for rubber hoses. Also were looking close the $28 to $40 a hose!

Skyjacker makes a 17" front and 23" rear, which the rear is over 3" longer then any rear i could find. I imagine i will end up with these. Should be able to find these for under $85 or so.

[/quote]

Got longer steel braided from Jegs. They got the threads wrong the first time, but worked out in the end. $30 each.

I used the Skyjacker SS one in my rear after the SUA lift. I think it was about $40 from my local 4wheelparts. Unfortunatly the banjo fitting is not the same size, but i bet you can figure something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom