Snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been considering a snorkel lately, but one thing caught my attention. What if you were driving down the road at say 55 mph and it was raining HEAVY! Wouldn't the snorkle act as a scoop and scoop the rain right into the air filter? And if you turned it around backwards, it seems that it would still suck some water down it? ey' (for T Y L E R)

TheGr8Doughboy said:
yomama, what did you wrap your exhaust with?
And since this is a snorkel post and all... has anyone made a snorkel for an exhaust? Is it necessary to prevet hydrolock? Am I confusing what hydrolock acutally is? Is the pressure from the gasses excaping from the engine to twart the water's advance? Is there a danger crackin your block etc fording really cold water (ie in winter time)?
Thanks
Chris

Uhm................. somewhere around here there a drop down thingie ................... says something insightful........................ I'm trying to remember............................. Oh yaa it says SEARCH! .............................. :flipoff2:

oh no, not you too guffer, the dang SEARCH saga...............

concretejungle said:
oh no, not you too guffer

Someday if we ever get to hang man I'll explain just how f-ing funny the above statement is but until that day.................... :flipoff2:

reffug said:
Someday if we ever get to hang man I'll explain just how f-ing funny the above statement is but until that day.................... :flipoff2:

:cool:

concretejungle said:
me either. :confused:

This thread was originally created in March, before the board changover to the current software. All the pictures uploaded before that point aren't in the threads anymore.

Any chance of begging some new photos from photo man.

Repost of pics. I apologize to those with dial up.

Pics are in tin. Fender drilled and tin test fit. Snorkel inside fender.
Snorkel-DS-through-fender.jpg
Snorkel-test-fit.jpg
Snorkel-tin.jpg

Pic of both snorkels. I just stuck the fender and snorkel on with a couple of bolts for the pic, so things are a little askew.

Bill
Snorkel-Both.jpg

Dang Bill, that thing's going to tip right over with all that stuff on there! So, when is she going to be, well, finished? I guess it's always going to be a work in progress, but when is her maiden voyage? I'm not sure there is enough hard drive space on the mud board for you to list all the mods you have done to that thing.

erics_bruisers said:
looks like he's using it for ventilation --

-- talk about an active mind -- !!

e

Correct, that ducts air into a couple auxilary coolers mounted inside the fender.

unbelievable! :eek: I think Toyota should hire him to develop the next REAL cruiser!

Hey tooth,

See posts 35-37.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom