Sliders and exhaust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reffug said:
aww fawk the cats. just my 02.

That is what I did with my 91. However, when I went to sell it I had to install them. I ended up with a dodge pickup application cat. It has two inlets and one outlet. Both are oversized compared to a Cruiser. It sits horizontal. The application was for a V8 so it should have plenty of flow. Tucked in nice. Didn't melt the carpet. No banging. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you have good cats as it set me back $240 for this new cat with install.

On the grinding. That might not be a good idea as the outer layer is a shield and it is filled with some fiberous material. If you open it up you may be adding moisture to your cat and allowing the rust demons to get inside easier. Also, if you do it you might want to wear a respirator. Who knows what that high temperature fiber stuff is made of? My guess is it is nasty.

stuck in GA said:
The only way I can see to fix this mount is to take it to a welder to fix it because I don't know of a way to bolt it back up there.

Josh:

Go get yourself one of these universal exhaust hangers and a saddle-style exhaust clamp to attach it to the pipe. These are found in any auto parts store for just a few dollars. If you can locate a hole in the frame in the area you can bolt it right up (or drill one) - did this on my FJ40 when I had to modify my exhaust after I crushed it a few times on the trails.

Link here:

http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE2-985573dt.jpg

Eric

Thanks Eric I will try that. And Slee the sliders are right where they are suppose to be it is just that my exhaust doesn't have all the brackets on. They were tightened properly and shifted into the right spot when wheelin out in GSMTR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom