Sleeping room? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have all rear seats removed in the summer, as I use it a lot for camping and always sleep in the back, easily sleeps two and with the windows now blacked out, know one can see in!
If I need to carry any passengers at any time, they have to sit on the floor in the back, if they don't like it, tuff, they can get a taxi! lol

I should have said that I do not want to carry 6 AND sleep in it at the same time. The sleeping thing was just for two when alone camping with the wife. With my old Surburban the middle seats folded in a simila way as the LC and I removed the third row. I guess the LC is just not long eneough to do this. How long is it from back of folded middle row to tailgate? IE how long is the flat floor in the back?

Michael Howard Stevens (full name for the other Michael Stevens)

Montana Cruiser said:
.... I think MOT could get reclining hinges for the 2nd and 3rd rows ....

Hey, I'm shocked that you remember that I have them. :rolleyes: You better hurry if you want a pair because they are going fast! ;) :) ;p :frown: :crybaby:

THANKS nakman! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

j/k

Yeah, I think the reclining hinges or the nakman mod is nice, but unfortunately it does not form a fully flat position/surface. Even if/when it does (with the LX's kit), the contour of the seat(s) would make it fairly uncomfortable for you to sleep in for extended period of time.

Mot :grinpimp:

From all of the posts I don't think anybody gave MH_Stevens the actual numbers for length. These are the numbers I measured for my on-going drawer project.

There is not enough room to sleep straight with the 2nd row tumbled, unless you lower the rear tailgate.

These measurements were taken with the 2nd row folded and tumbled forward. The reference point (0") is the back of the 2nd row folded and tumbled.

Length
--------
From back on 2nd row to tailgate = 62"
with opened lower tailgate = 81"
2nd row folded (not tumbled) = 20" from 2nd row back when tumbled
3rd row = 27.5" from 2nd row back when tumbled

Width
------
width maximum (wall to wall) = 59 1/4"
width minimum (wheel well to wheel well) = 44 1/4"
width at rear door = 55 1/2"
Opening minimum width = 53 1/4"

Height
-------
2nd row folded (front) = 12.5" these seats do not fold flat
2nd row folded (rear) = 9"
3rd row folded = 8" 3rd row does fold flat
Max height from floor to ceiling = ?
Height of open lower tail gate = ? (at least 12")

Hope these numbers are usefull.
Alex

aamiggia said:
From all of the posts I don't think anybody gave MH_Stevens the actual numbers for length.

I think by this time people have lost interest in this, "it's too big... no now it's too small" affair. It's been explained if you're 5'-10" or less you can sleep without removing the second row seats. If you're 5'-10" or more, you need to remove the second row seat or bend your knees. I mean how logical is it anyways to rule out whether or not to consider buying a vehicle, on what people say on a web site. You need to at least go look at and drive one of these vehicles.

My $0.02
Rookie2

Drawer plus air mattress

Here is what I did on my rig.
It works great. With the inverter, the queen size mattress fills in under 2 minutes. One thing thoug, you need to find a level spot when you want to sleep inside the Cruiser.

Regards

Alvaro
Cruiser del mes - 06.jpg
Cruiser del mes - 09.jpg

RavenTai said:
Well they sort of do, the back of the middle seat folds foreword flat on the seat, and then the whole assembly can be flipped up against the front seats allowing you to use the space occupied by the middle seat

Search on Ebay I am sure someone posted pics of them flipped foreword.

If there are just 2 of you can remove them pretty quickly and it leaves a flat carpeted deck

There are just two of us going on safari so I can remove rows two and three. What am I left with if I remove both the second and third row seats? Is it all flat and what is the total lenght from the back of the captains chairs to the back tailgate?

Cheers
Of to Baja soon!

MH_Stevens said:
There are just two of us going on safari so I can remove rows two and three. What am I left with if I remove both the second and third row seats? Is it all flat and what is the total lenght from the back of the captains chairs to the back tailgate?

Cheers
Of to Baja soon!

if you remove 2d and 3rd rows it'll be flat in the back part and you'll have a well where the feet of the 2d row folks go. That can be easily filled with stuff. And then there is plenty of room for a 6' -and some more- to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom