Sleeping platform finished! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Edgington, they sell static cling 5% limo tint you could slap on the windows to help prevent light from entering/people seeing inside. I have my dome lights turned off when the doors open, so only the lights on my doors come on when a door is opened...i hate lights coming on when i open my doors at any time. Auto locking doors? mine doesnt do that...do you have an aftermarket alarm? Vertical room to get nasty...just use the 2nd row before you fold the seats down, i havent had problems there.

I have something like this. This is much nicer though. I may consider upgrading to this set-up in the future.

The canopy I have (paid $50 on clearance from same place) just covers the windows without the hatch extension. I am able to get in and out easily.

I've looked at that SOR add-on a few times, but it's a bit pricey for my use (twice a year).

Static cling tint would be an option, but I think butcher paper will be cheaper, I won't have to keep track of it year-to-year, worry about it getting damaged, and the butcher paper could be layered for max darkness.

I don't know. There are pros and cons to each solution, but I think the tarps are getting ruled out.

Static cling tint would be an option, but I think butcher paper will be cheaper, I won't have to keep track of it year-to-year, worry about it getting damaged, and the butcher paper could be layered for max darkness.

Use poster board. Its easy to cut, pops in window seals easily, allows 0% light, and is reusable. Butcher paper is cheap, but I'd hate to ahve to cut new pieces every time I made a trail run.

Last edited:
hey, not a bad idea, and you can get black poster board too that would help to absorb any light inside the vehicle and help to make it darker to sleep.

I've looked at that SOR add-on a few times, but it's a bit pricey for my use (twice a year).

I don't know. There are pros and cons to each solution, but I think the tarps are getting ruled out.

Agreed. $400 is alot of cash towards more useful upgrades.

Just use other positions to get nasty, but make sure you use the posterboards and front sundshades lol.

Use poster board. Its easy to cut, pops in window seals easily, allows 0% light, and is reusable. Butcher paper is cheap, but I'd hate to ahve to cut new pieces every time I made a trail run.

...like a HID Kit.

Less light in more light out....:grinpimp:

thas basicly what i did. 5% tint all around, 70% on the front and some nice HIDs...woot! Gota get up on getting some more now.

aedgington, or anyone for that matter who has a sleeping platform. What do you use as padding to sleep on?

thas basicly what i did. 5% tint all around, 70% on the front and some nice HIDs...woot! Gota get up on getting some more now.

aedgington, or anyone for that matter who has a sleeping platform. What do you use as padding to sleep on?

I have a full size Simmons Futon mattress that is very comfortable. I have used it for visiting guests at my home as well. They were comfortable. It rolls up and fits the back perfectly. Its about 5-7 inches thick.

I use a tri-fold exercise mat. Its 3'x6' with 3" of dense foam. Its very comfortable.

a queen size air mattress fits perfectly.

i think thats why you dont have as much room to get dirty....the matress is so damn thick! but then you probably get the best sleep out of anyone here who posted their beds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom