Sleeping Platform Blueprints (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While I was researching what other people have done for sleeping platforms in the back of their 80 series, I noticed a lot of pictures of builds. Many people asked for dimensions or drawings, but it seemed no one really made any.

So I'm sharing my blueprints for the way I've decided to go. I've also included the scribe template for the right and left sides as 1:1 prints, but this is only correct if you have the same height as the 10 3/4" I decided to go with (it leaves the right compartment available and doesn't disturb the factory speaker, as well as makes it even with the folded down passenger seats).

I'm not quite done with the build (only have the box and drawer so far). I haven't decided on how I'm going to prop up the left and right sides, but practically anything would work.

I hope this can be useful to someone.

EDIT: I should clarify that this is for a 1993 Land Cruiser HDJ81. I think most J80s are the same, but I'm no expert, so you're on your own.

Attachments

• 93 HDJ81 SLEEPING PLATFORM_V0.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 966
Last edited:
This is great! If I was looking for a shop to build this for me, what type of shop should I be looking for? Cabinet shop?

This is great! If I was looking for a shop to build this for me, what type of shop should I be looking for? Cabinet shop?

I would think a cabinet shop would probably be your best bet, but I think it would be expensive. I dunno, maybe worth it. I have access to a cnc router at work, so I made use of a lot of dados and rabbets. You could easily simplify it by eliminating them and cutting everything with a table saw (and the contoured cuts with a patterned line and jigsaw.

I would think a cabinet shop would probably be your best bet, but I think it would be expensive. I dunno, maybe worth it. I have access to a cnc router at work, so I made use of a lot of dados and rabbets. You could easily simplify it by eliminating them and cutting everything with a table saw (and the contoured cuts with a patterned line and jigsaw.
Actually, the cabinet shop that shares space with my company fits out Sprinters into #vanlife, but it's a $90k Sprinter and another $80k by the cabinet shop to outfit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom