Sleeping in FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about buying an FJ Cruiser, but concerned about not being able to sleep in the back on camping trips. Any current owners on the tall side (6'4") tall able to sleep in the back comfortably? Thanks

Can't possibly be comfortable.

Last edited:
I'm 6'4" and I have slept in the back of my FJC. There is room if you sleep diagonal, push the passengers seat all the way forward and place a small cooler between the passenger seat and the rear seat for a pillow. You will also need a fair number of blankets to make up for the difference in rear floor height. I slept OK, not great, but it beat sleeping outside in 18* weather. :) If there are two of you then forget it. If the weather is nice, I will be sleeping outside next time.

Sleep in it!

...concerned about not being able to sleep in the back on camping trips....

I specifically wanted a vehicle I could sleep in, as well. You never know when you might need shelter.

Anyway, I went with the FJ80 (LX450 version). I pulled both rear courses of seats, and at 5'11" I can lay straight with room to spare. Two people could sleep there. I DID NOT buy a new 'Cruiser specifically because I would not be able to properly rest in it.

Then there's always the rooftop tent.

2 cent from an 80 fan.

We have a 3" pad under the rear mat that kinda evens out the floor height. Have a Coleman inflatable twin matress with a 12 volt inflatable pump. Front seats all the way forward. Remove lower seat cushions and use as pillows. Sounds like alot of work but not too bad and makes it comfortable for two under 6 foot though.

Sorry we my wife are under 6' we have sleep very comfortable with our present arraignment hear is what I did
P1010002-3.jpg

http://702fjcrew.net/FJForums/viewtopic.php?t=282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 It was se-pose to temporary..... and have not missed the rear seats
Our kids have there own car's now we perviously have owned 4 door TLC's now it's just the wife and I......Dusty

When my dad brother and i would go on fishing or hunting trips, one or two of us would often sleep in the back of our FJ40 and leave the door open. Granted we are mountain men, the wildlife never bothered us much. I imagine i will do the same thing now with my FJC. Sleeping bags optional of course (depending on the weather).

I think there may be a thread on this subject on fjcruiserforums.com I'm not sure.:beer:

i've slept in my FJc (i'm 6'1") and while it wasnt the four seasons, it beat the cold. in the back there is a small varience in floor height that can be a nusciance. if its jsut you, theres room to fit in at an angle with reasonable comfort. my only advice is to have some sort of pad or folded blanket to fill the floor area that sits lowest.

I havn't slept in mine cause I didnt know if i would fit but now i hear guys at over 6' doing my short 5'8" ass will do just fine. And the floor height would def be a problem but what i would say is through an extra down comforter in the back and you'd be good. I always keep one in there just in case and my bag too........you never know

6'6 and still in pain

i took my daughter to az rocks 2007 and slep in back of my FJ. I had to open my rear glass and hang my feet out just to fit. I woke up the next morning and was sore from one of the worst nights of sleep ever. The funny thing is that I would do it again without a second thought.
matt

Dusty 66 that is a great way of taking care of the bump in the back, you have inspired me:idea: to make one my self, your dad is quite the craftsman:) How easily is that thing able to be taken out??? My dogs would appreciate that mod also.

Why are you guys playing w/ remote control heeps????? heheh:flipoff2: WTF?????

Take two 6 mm philips screws out 5 minutes tops weight less 10 lbs.

You have more room for your camping Junk Extra Ice chest etc...Dusty :cheers:

P1010012-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom