Slee Slider Install Thread! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here we go.....first thing I had to remove to current running boards. Here are some pics of the LC without the old boards.

IMG00076.jpg

IMG00073.jpg

My son wondering what the heck happened!!

IMG00074.jpg

IMG00075.jpg

Now I am putting the new sliders on this weekend, so here are pics of them in the back of the truck with some detail pics.

IMG00070.jpg

IMG00071.jpg

IMG00072.jpg

Instead of the stainless steel top plate I went for the the black no slip coated. Here are is a pic of that:

IMG00069.jpg

More pics this weekend after the install!

What do you figure they weigh? Like 50lbs per slider?

Those look really nice. It looks like Christo went with a more glossy powder coat on the 200 sliders. On my step sliders, the textured finish was applied to the whole slider. I also like that the plates are removable. This should make touch-ups a little easier.

What do you figure they weigh? Like 50lbs per slider?
At least....they are very heavy! Had o be shipped via freight.

Those look really nice. It looks like Christo went with a more glossy powder coat on the 200 sliders. On my step sliders, the textured finish was applied to the whole slider. I also like that the plates are removable. This should make touch-ups a little easier.

Glossy they are...but nothing a little mud won't cure. :doh:

Those suckers look pretty friggin stout....Congrats !!! :clap:
The kiddo lokks stoked, too !! :cool:

:cheers:

Last edited:
Those suckers look pretty friggin stout....Congrats !!! :clap:
The kiddo lokks stoked, too !! :cool:

He came running out asking me how he is going to get in the LC now....I just laughed!

Sweet! Glad to see you got those suckers on!

And yeah, they are heavy, but do the job very well.

Gonna rub mine up a bit at the Catskills tomorrow.

Ok, Here we go.....let me say that one side was easy as pie...the other side was a PITA from hell!!!

Here are some pics of the install.

IMG00077.jpg

IMG00078.jpg

IMG00079.jpg

IMG00080.jpg

The drivers side was was terrible. The A/C lines run on the outside of the frame and since they are firm hoses, make it VERY hard to get the slider in between the hose clamps and the frame.

My brother in law knew all about the rivet nuts and driver. Thank goodness because I had no idea how to use it.

The passenger side was easy. The only hitch is that out of the 4 holes on the bottom of the frame, 2 were being used by the skid plate for the fuel tank. Just needed to grind off some tabs, re-drill the holes with the drill bit provided, insert the rivet nuts, and then screw everything in.

As you may have noticed, I have not put the top plates on yet. Got too hot down here to continue (105 degrees) I will do those later today or Monday. Will post more pics of that when finished.

Well as most of you could guess, I could not wait to finish them up.

So here are the pics of the completed project! They look great....

IMG00083.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

IMG00081.jpg

Christo has done a great job on these sliders!! Kudos to him and his team!!! :clap:

nice work! let's see a full truck view

time to go play!

Nice!
Any shots of the whole truck with sliders on? (I know I'm asking a lot).

Good deal. Glad you convinced your brother in law not to weld them on. The main slider is now the same sem-gloss as ARB's with the step textured. This makes for easier touch up.

Also the slider uses some rivet nuts, but not all Just for those thinking that they will come off. As for the tabs on the gas tank, I forgot to mention that the slider goes between the tab and the frame. I did not get install pics when we did the set at the shop, so I am working on installation instructions.

On the top plate, make sure you position it so that the edges does not touch the main slider and rub through the coating.

Those really look great Christo. Excelent job!

Good deal. Glad you convinced your brother in law not to weld them on. The main slider is now the same sem-gloss as ARB's with the step textured. This makes for easier touch up.

Also the slider uses some rivet nuts, but not all Just for those thinking that they will come off. As for the tabs on the gas tank, I forgot to mention that the slider goes between the tab and the frame. I did not get install pics when we did the set at the shop, so I am working on installation instructions.

On the top plate, make sure you position it so that the edges does not touch the main slider and rub through the coating.

I am glad you decided to use the ARB color. That means my bumper will match great!

I assumed the rubbing would be bad in the plates, so I made sure it is centered. Very nice looking piece btw!

About the rivet nuts. We placed them in the following locations:

On the drivers side:
All 4 bolts on the underside of the frame. Then one on the side of the frame on the far left side of the large anchor piece.

Alot of the holes already had threads which helped alot.

That A/C line was the biggest PITA. Especially the upper left hand bolt which is sandwiched in there.

The passenger side:

Much easier! I just removed the two fuel tank skid plate bolts...we used a grinder to cut off those two tabs, used two rivet nuts in those holes. Then we used another rivet bolt on the side of the frame, as we did on the other side.

Then 15 min later the passenger side was up and stable.

My brother in law (who welds as a hobby) said that they are VERY well built and should hold the truck up on it's side with no issues at all. I never doubted you, but he was impressed :)

Great Job Christo!!

Keep me in mind for any NEW projects with the 200 series that you might come out with.

Some lift and bigger tires and it won't look like a Highlander any more...;)

Lookin' good.

D-

Some lift and bigger tires and it won't look like a Highlander any more...;)

Lookin' good.

D-

Dan,

Your jealously shines right through!!!

Looks nice...one less thing to worry about now when you're wheel'n!

Also: Nice upgrades to your step sliders Christo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom