Slee 6" springs are freakin BIG! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GXO

GXO
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
gxor.org
I just got them and they are about 50 pounds for two springs. They stand as tall as my current clearance for my bumper...

Bodes well for the install tomorrow :)

Not looking good for parking in the garage from now on though...doh!

I'm starting to feel, .....somewhat .......inadequate

I will get some before and after. I get a new muffler (stock), 6" springs tomorrow, then Tuesday I am going to the non-elocker third and aussies with chromoly in the rear.

If the money is there I plan on having Longs in teh front and 37" Iroks on the wheels before GSMTR.

Yes. I saw a few trucks around here (old military) and went over and kicked em...I also got some feedback from folks who have run them in the past.

George (TiredIron), who is a buddy of the guy selling them says that they suck for what we do. Iroks have served him better.

Good enough for me.

Killer - that with 37's is gonna be sick. What rim size you going to run - yeah, I want pictures too! Get on it man :flipoff2:.

Gonna run stock 16" wheels. Seeing as I just got my bonus I am gonna order the longs and the Iroks in about a week :)

They are on. BMT took the pics. It changed a good bit in height, but more importantly it is a COMPLETELY different vehicle on the road. It handles 100% better, even with the bigger lift.

The kicker is I actually still fit in my garage with 35s on it. Once I go to the 37s I will be driveway only.

HUGE props to BMTHiker for the help tonight and the access to the shop. Couldn't have done it in time for Cullowhee without ya Rick, thanks! I owe you a handle of Sailor Jerry!

pics...

Okay, have some pics and impressions.

Impressions:
They are stiff enough on the road and still flex offroad. I have to say there is a HUGE increase in safety and control in the corners and in off camber situations. The old J springs tended to allow body roll that was beyond safe.

PLENTY of room for 37s. I am getting Iroks ASAP. ;)

Pics:
Here is a good comparison with Jason's. He has J springs, 33" MTRs, and no spacers. I have only the springs, no spacers and 35" MTRs.

Cullawhee2-23022.jpg

Cullawhee2-23021.jpg

I didn't measure pre-install. I can measure now that they are loaded, but YMMV since I have all the rubber, the storage drawers, bumper, etc on there.

I talked to Christo and he basically said it won't be coming down from where it is. He had customers running that spring and a year or two later they are still not sagging...good stuff.

dan, quick question;

i purchased slee's extended SS brake lines for my little lift. Are they the same for the 6 inch lift, or is there an "extra long" set for that lift?

I believe they are the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom