Builds Sky Blue 76 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Keep your focus.
2. there will be MANY setbacks on your trip but
3. in the end it will pay off.
4. Focus on the mechanics and
5. get it all running.
6 Enjoy it and
7.THEN work on the body.

This is actually a checklist!

Those parts in the owners barn...

B7A9D34E-A813-402B-9C0E-DEFEC3401EF4.jpeg

He had 5 OEM rims with the old tires still on them. He said that when he needed new tires, his brother hooked him up with some new pull offs from the dealership. Evidently it was popular at the time to buy a new Landcruiser and immediately pull the OEM tires and rims off for aftermarket. Shocking. Ha.

D3753B34-DB84-4B89-BF55-139BB3FD848B.jpeg

Last edited:
Checked all the drivetrain fluids, changed the oil and filter, swapped out the fluid n the brake reservoirs and clutch. Time to make it move. I drove it around my flat driveway since I wasn’t sure it was going to stop. But the brakes worked. It was dark and it’s definitely not road worthy much less legal.

3B1E1B2D-852E-4675-A891-02AB43757AB5.jpeg

So naturally I have to take it for a spin.
Drove it for a few miles, gradually getting faster and then stopping. Watching oil pressure and temp. Went through all the gears up to around 60mph and figured that was tempting fate enough and headed home.
When I made it back to my drive, I noticed it was stopping on its own without me applying the brake. As I got back to the house, I had to put it in 4 wheel drive to make it go the last few feet. The front left tire was dragging a little in the gravel so I assumed it was the old rubber brake line collapsing. Once it cooled off, that tire would roll again. The left front rotor didn’t enjoy the trip.

Prob a sticking rotor.

That steering rod is majorly bent. Luckily you didn’t kill yourself. Please don’t drive it again until you replace it.

If you’d like to purchase a replacement, I sell rods, ends, and complete assemblies.

Prob a sticking rotor.

That steering rod is majorly bent. Luckily you didn’t kill yourself. Please don’t drive it again until you replace it.

If you’d like to purchase a replacement, I sell rods, ends, and complete assemblies.
Good eye! It looks like someone hooked a tow strap to that rod.
She’s nowhere near safe and won’t be back on the road until she is. My enthusiasm just got the better of me. As it usually does.

Prob a sticking rotor.

...and knuckle kits. ;)

Might want to think about some dust shield eliminators and axle-to-caliper braided hoses as well.

Last edited:
This is a beautiful thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom