Sixth Annual 100s in the Hills Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also forgot to mention that the 10+ hours of video I took from my windshield mounted iPhone was effectively useless. The mount allowed my phone to vibrate just enough that trying to watch any portion of it while I was moving made me slightly sea sick.
Any chance you could use one of the new motion stabilizers built into some software to minimize this?

@ihadmail thanks for the southern broil. Brought it back to my family (my wife, 2 year old daughter, 9mo old son). They loved it. Thank you. Hope you enjoyed the AZ beers.

I did enjoy them! Thanks again for them, and for the help eating all of that left over boil. I'm glad your family enjoyed it.

Any chance you could use one of the new motion stabilizers built into some software to minimize this?

I was using movie pro for the iPhone to record, to my knowledge it's one of the most advanced filming apps available to me.

The issue is the mount I was using. The mount itself was shaking and jiggling on the windshield, the hard plastic part doesn't lock down tight onto the suction cup. I'll be doing some research and testing to find a mount that is a little more rigid.

Wow, what great pics and hearing all the comments. Could be a new game plan for us next year.
Just got home ourselves from puttin close to another 5k miles on, gotta get a name fer her, and 0 issues on the 2000.
So it sounds like I might need sliders and grippy tires and I should be good to go on most trails? Anyway it sounds
like a blast and we got all the time to do whatever and we wanted to come west to see all your beauty. I hope it's a reality ........bill

Wow, what great pics and hearing all the comments. Could be a new game plan for us next year.
Just got home ourselves from puttin close to another 5k miles on, gotta get a name fer her, and 0 issues on the 2000.
So it sounds like I might need sliders and grippy tires and I should be good to go on most trails? Anyway it sounds
like a blast and we got all the time to do whatever and we wanted to come west to see all your beauty. I hope it's a reality ........bill

imo...

must have: Good AT tires, CB (thats really it)

nice to have: oversized good AT tires, sliders

really nice to have: aftermarket f/r bumpers w/ tire carrier, roof rack, rooftop tent, ham radio, air compressor, aftermarket suspension, lift, badass trailer, huge cast iron jambalaya caldron from LA, etc, etc

imo...

must have: Good AT tires, CB (thats really it)

nice to have: oversized good AT tires, sliders

really nice to have: aftermarket f/r bumpers w/ tire carrier, roof rack, rooftop tent, ham radio, air compressor, aftermarket suspension, lift, badass trailer, huge cast iron jambalaya caldron from LA, etc, etc
....And a really fast computer with a really fast internet service provider so you can beat the others to the sign up!

Sorry it took so long but I finally got around to getting the photos uploaded off the card and edited. I just put them in a quick low-res video to save space. If anyone sees a photo that they want just let me know. Thanks again to Ben Cole for the invite and Chris for the admin help to make it happen. Thanks to everyone else there that made it awesome!!!! Below is the link! ENJOY!

v v v
HIH6

P.S. ALL HAIL ZEUS (the puppy)!!

Better late than never... Got home from the trip and started moving the same day. Finally getting around to posting some pics.

Totaled just over 3k miles through 5 states in 10 days (over 300 gallons of gas). Amazing trip. Going in, given the distance, I assumed this would be a one and done kind of event. Something to check off the list. After meeting the people, driving the trails, and seeing the sights, I am already thinking of ways to get back there next year! Our route took us south through Oregon from Portland and into Cali after a brief stop at Crater Lake National Park, Stayed in Tahoe for a few nights then braved the "Loneliest hwy in America" (So glad I threw in that Gerry can at the last minute) hwy 50 across Nevada and Utah. Once we left Silverton we headed to Moab for a quick hike and drive through Arches National Park. I find myself flipping back through the photos frequently from my desk at work when I need a break. Here are some favorites:

Crater Lake:
upload_2016-8-24_9-13-59.png

NV/UT hwy 50
upload_2016-8-24_9-14-45.png

Day 1 Alpine Loop:
upload_2016-8-24_9-16-27.png

Day 2 Poughkeepsie
upload_2016-8-24_9-19-19.png

upload_2016-8-24_9-15-46.png

Just wanted to give a few updates......

HIH7 will be July 26 - July 31 2017 and held at Kendall Mountain Rec Area. We are already working on all the logistics. It's only 47 weeks away! You don't want to miss this one. We will be seeking volunteers to help along the way, especially at the event. Expect more of a destination and adventure event, with all the wheeling and sightseeing you could hope for.

Chris and I are donating $250 to the Silverton Search and Rescue. We felt like this was the best place to donate as they are always cash strapped and could always use new gear. They're also the folks who would drop everything an come to rescue our group if something were to go wrong. I will personally be delivering the check in early October. We're hoping to make a substantial donation next year.

Can someone setup a photo sharing method so everyone can see and share their photos? I'm so busy right now that I haven't even finished going through all of my own photos. I'd like to have one person do that so we don't end up with 3-4 different sites.

Oh, Wed through Mon! (or is this registration for the event area) Either way, I am excited, and marked on the calendar!

imtw6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom