should have listened to you guys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shees, maybe we can get some good info into this thread as to what the best brake fluid is or better yet what oil I should run in my beater. ::) :flipoff2:

Just toss some pads in there and be done with it.

junk,
aint worried about the oil or even the filter. Got that fingered out. Just posting that fact that you should buy new rotors instead of turning them. Opened a can of worms. I put in new synthetic brake fluid, bleed the brakes, just couldn't put one of the S.S. lines on due to me stripping the brass fitting on the line. I prob. won't even bother grinding on 100 series pads, just slide in the 80's. But damn 5000 miles on a set of new pads just don't seem like i should toss them when i get new rotors. But this time i'm doing what cdan says!

hey, check it out. Just posted my 100th post. I guess i'm not a virgin mudder anymore. :D

:cheers:

:flipoff2:

Hey doug I do believe in magic and faires and other stuff also. But in the braking system on my trucks I would not do something that does not work. much less put something on my wifes truck that hauls the kids that I did not thinks works better than stock. She had DBA that came with the truck and that in combo with the 100 series pads works better than my truck with stock rotors and 100 series pads. My truck stops better than other cruisers with 80 series pads. I think I also posted that for the 93-97 80 series there are 3 pad changes and the best one of the bunch is the 97 model year for stoping the truck. Now if you went in to the dealer and asked for 94 80 series pads you would not get the newest pad material, they would give you the pads for the 94, soft and wears fast. So the engineers refomulated the pads and did not superseed the number to the 93-96 owners the better pad. What makes the 97 model year any better or need more stoping power or longer pad life. Experence may of taught them to make a better pad. Maybe experence helps get better results. I do beleive the slightly bigger pad adds to the truck stoping power. IMHO later Robbie

Please always listen to us :D

Mike

Doug,

I'm a factory kinda guy as you know. Don't tell any body but I have OEM 100 series pads on my 80.......... ;) I do not feel as though I have degraded my stopping ability.

Per Robbie's observations:

04465-60020, pads 91-96, appear to be a softer compound. Green in color.

04465-60110, pads 97, same dimensions as above, no other brake system mods done to the system by Toyota AFAIK. Blue in color.

04465-60151, early 100 series pads, appear to be a similar compound to the 04465-60110 and they have 17% more surface area than the above-mentioned pads. In addition, they are thicker. Brown in color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom