Short Notice Camping / Wheeling Trip - Thurs 2/23 through Sat 2/25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.

Work has been absolutely crazy over the last few months, and I need a break, completely away from emails and phone calls.

So I am going to go camping/wheeling with Eli next week. Plan is to leave out early Thursday morning, wheel Thursday and Friday, camp Thursday and Friday nights, and head home Saturday morning (I have to be back in KC around noon on Saturday).

Right now I am thinking Tuttle creek, but am open to other locations (SMORR would be a top contender as well, personally).

Mostly just wanting to get away. I'll have the truck back together this weekend, but most likely will not have my front locker working, so probably won't be doing anything too hardcore (especially if no one joins us). So open to other suggestions for camping / overlanding too.

Family friendly for sure (Eli is only 2 1/2 but you wouldn't believe how excited he is to go "boom on the rocks" again, as he puts it).

Anyone with flexible schedule want to join us?

Mike

Last edited:
I was thinking about going the following weekend. Have too much that weekend and the kids have school Thursday/Friday. If plans change let me know. I'd be in.

I'm off friday already, will check to see if i can get thursday off.

Good deal.

I was thinking about going the following weekend. Have too much that weekend and the kids have school Thursday/Friday. If plans change let me know. I'd be in.

That's tempting, but I really need the time off work more than anything...and as soon as possible. Think we're going to stick to the schedule for now. Let me know though if you do end up going out the following weekend. May be able to get out again.

Be especially careful out there if you head out alone but I'm sure you could hook up with a wheeling partner near the main staging area.

I would love to join you but I'm in Urbana, IL for the next couple weeks. One of my sisters had a benign tennis ball sized tumor removed from center of her brain and helping her through rehab.

Be especially careful out there if you head out alone but I'm sure you could hook up with a wheeling partner near the main staging area.

I would love to join you but I'm in Urbana, IL for the next couple weeks. One of my sisters had a benign tennis ball sized tumor removed from center of her brain and helping her through rehab.

Prayers for speedy recovery!

Yep, if we go out alone it'll be more about camping. Will do some light wheeling since Eli loves it, maybe some hiking around the area.

Anyone remember if I need a special plug for power at Fancy Creek? I believe they have standard 110 on most of the posts, correct?

Anyone remember if I need a special plug for power at Fancy Creek? I believe they have standard 110 on most of the posts, correct?
They have standard 110 on the posts.

No wheeling today, got in late. But got camp setup and relaxing by the fire. We've got Fancy Creek all to ourselves! Really enjoying the down time.

20170223_175029.jpg
20170223_175047.jpg

20170223_185700.jpg

Snowed pretty much all day, and rain and t-storms last night. It's about 27 degrees right now, and will be about 17 when we wake up, but we managed to get out and explore quite a bit.

20170224_153849.jpg
20170224_124938.jpg
20170224_124927.jpg
20170224_120858.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom