Shocks for a lifted 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah thx for clarifying. I have a non-AHC truck so all I need to do is order the shocks. I’m glad I waited to place my order. I will order just the shocks today. Thx.

Let us know how the ride is with new oem shocks

Bump. Any updates on the ride quality from anyone? OEM, Dobimson, Billstens, others?
Looking to change OME to something more comfortable on the road but also have the off road function with bumper/winch.

Bump. Any updates on the ride quality from anyone? OEM, Dobimson, Billstens, others?
Looking to change OME to something more comfortable on the road but also have the off road function with bumper/winch.
I have Dobinson IMS, extended length shocks. With their lightest rear springs, and their torsion bars. Rear feels great, front seems stiff. I think its partially the shocks, and partially the torsion bars. I may try to get some thinner torsion bars some day. I think stock is 28 mm, OME and others are 30mm and Dobinson are 32 mm.... google it before you trust that TB info 100%.

I have Dobinson IMS, extended length shocks. With their lightest rear springs, and their torsion bars. Rear feels great, front seems stiff. I think its partially the shocks, and partially the torsion bars. I may try to get some thinner torsion bars some day. I think stock is 28 mm, OME and others are 30mm and Dobinson are 32 mm.... google it before you trust that TB info 100%.
Definitely the torsion bars.

I believe that it’s posted in multiple places around here, but it is my understanding that:
OE AHC < OE non-AHC < OME < SAW < (most other aftermarket)

I’m running the IMS extended shocks up front (with OME torsion bars), on two mostly stock vehicles, with Dobinson’s MRA, and another manufacturer’s “light springs” in the rear. From my perspective, the ride is pretty darn good, although if Dobinsons MRA shocks were available for the front, I might back off “high speed compression” by 1 click. The ride on my vehicles seem controlled, but compliant, although some square edge bumps can be a bit harsh.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat as you. I made a huge mistake and got rid of AHC. If I did not have a arb front I would switch to LC shocks now I cry every time I go out and it is my DD.

I had the AHC removed by Slee when I bought my 2000 LX470. Lexus estimated $3600 just in parts to fix it. Good thing I had a $3000 repair credit from the dealer. I had Slee put in the OME 1.5" lift medium suspension with diff drop and SPC UCAs ate my $3000 credit but well worth it. The OME shocks were horrible, so replaced them with OEM. Wonderful difference. Unless you put in more of a lift I think you could swap your shocks for OEM at $40 apiece. I finally replaced the OEMs with Dobinson IMS shocks, but if you're mainly using yours for a DD, OEMs are great and not bad off road either.

I had the AHC removed by Slee when I bought my 2000 LX470. Lexus estimated $3600 just in parts to fix it. Good thing I had a $3000 repair credit from the dealer. I had Slee put in the OME 1.5" lift medium suspension with diff drop and SPC UCAs ate my $3000 credit but well worth it. The OME shocks were horrible, so replaced them with OEM. Wonderful difference. Unless you put in more of a lift I think you could swap your shocks for OEM at $40 apiece. I finally replaced the OEMs with Dobinson IMS shocks, but if you're mainly using yours for a DD, OEMs are great and not bad off road either.
You're running an OME 1.5" Medium set of springs with skids, sliders, and rear bumper?

You're running an OME 1.5" Medium set of springs with skids, sliders, and rear bumper?

Yes, it rides great both on road and off.

btz0ZcK.jpg

Last edited:
Who can I talk to about getting tough dog foam cells. I need rears.

Whats new out there? I'm due to refresh my icons pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom