Shocks for a lifted 100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just received my OEM shocks will be replacing my OME after a year, i cant stand the harsh ride anymore, im very light weight. Im wondering if the OEM shock lengeth is the same as OME.

Not exactly the same, but pretty darn close.

The last time I had both OME and OE (front) shocks side by side, my measurements showed that the OME was marginally (~1/8") longer at full extension.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Ironman springs & tbars with OEM shocks? I'm thinking about trying this combination, as I find the Ironman setup very harsh.

Not exactly the same, but pretty darn close.

The last time I had both OME and OE (front) shocks side by side, my measurements showed that the OME was marginally (~1/8") longer at full extension.
Depends on which model OME shock. The 60000 and 60002 have identical stroke/travel as OEM Toyota shocks but are marginally longer total length, whereas the n100 and n101 have 5 mm more stroke/travel than OEM but their total length is actually a bit shorter than OEM.

Depends on which model OME shock. The 60000 and 60002 have identical stroke/travel as OEM Toyota shocks but are marginally longer total length, whereas the n100 and n101 have 5 mm more stroke/travel than OEM but their total length is actually a bit shorter than OEM.

Yes, I probably should've clarified, that the OME shock that I was comparing was an OME p/n 60000.

How do you know if your original shocks need replacing? My rig has 240K and I don't know if the shocks have ever been replaced. It seems to ride nice, but wonder if new OEM shocks would make it ride even nicer?

Ive read on this forum that people in your position purchased new ones and the ride became much better.

I did 864 springs, ome torsion bars, with stock shocks. It has been great for me, zero complaints, but I have nothing to compare this to, no familiarity with the other after market stuff. I went this rout due to mud recommendations and budget, couldn’t be happier. SPC lower rear control arm, febest upper control arm was also done, all these things made my 22 yr old truck a joy to drive.

Ive read on this forum that people in your position purchased new ones and the ride became much better.

Looking at the parts list, there are two OEM shock options, basically the same price. Tokico and Kayaba. Is one better than the other?

Looking at the parts list, there are two OEM shock options, basically the same price. Tokico and Kayaba. Is one better than the other?

I didnt know that. Here is the shocks I purchased maybe you can tell me which I purchased.
48511-69585
48531-69835

Tokico is what they came with from the factory and is OEM Toyota

94962F0C-387E-4497-A924-E441CBC0A2A4.jpeg

I didnt know that. Here is the shocks I purchased maybe you can tell me which I purchased.
48511-69585
48531-69835

Tokico is what they came with from the factory.

Thank you for that. I also notice that when ordering the individual shocks it says does not include the "retainers", whatever those are. But the picture shows the shocks with rubber bumpers nuts and washer parts. Did others on here get all parts with the shocks?

Edit, Interestingly, when you order off US Toyota parts suppliers they do not say which shock you get, I only saw the two options on the Partsouq website.

Thank you for that. I also notice that when ordering the individual shocks it says does not include the "retainers", whatever those are. But the picture shows the shocks with rubber bumpers nuts and washer parts. Did others on here get all parts with the shocks?

the hardware you need except the top nut. Number on end is the quantity.

90948-02182‬ RETAINER, CUSHION 2

‪90948-02176‬ RETAINER, CUSHION 2

‪90948-02174‬ RETAINER, CUSHION 4

‪90948-02184‬ RETAINER, CUSHION 2

‪90948-02173‬ RETAINER, CUSHION 4

‪90948-02170‬ RETAINER, CUSHION 2

If you look carefully at the diagram, you can see that the washers - or whatever they’re called - ar not part of the assembly.

yes i see that, what i was meaning is it looks like the cushions are included, but @Biga27110 has them listed as a separate part, I think....

One of the parts on his list (‪90948-02173‬) says it does not fit my 05 Land Cruiser on the McGeorge website. I may better wait until Monday and give them a call.

Thanks for posting ^^^ So I need to add all the bits to my order. Will do.

Da*&%m web sites. Confusing. Some say all parts included, others say no parts included. Anyone have any advice?

if you have land cruiser you already have them. I have an lx.

yes i see that, what i was meaning is it looks like the cushions are included, but @Biga27110 has them listed as a separate part, I think....

One of the parts on his list (‪90948-02173‬) says it does not fit my 05 Land Cruiser on the McGeorge website. I may better wait until Monday and give them a call.
The rubbers are included in the assy. You can also buy it seperatly if you wanted (I guess noone ever did that, because the assy is pretty cheap anyway)

The parts list are all retainers which are the metal washers, Toyota gives them the name of Retainer Cushion. The rubber pieces come with the shocks, the part number I listed is on post #89 . I have all of them in front of me right now. I can answer any questions you have.

Remember if you have an LC with stock suspension non-ahc you already have all the retainers you dont need new ones. All you need are those shocks I listed on post 89.

The parts list are all retainers which are the metal washers, Toyota gives them the name of Retainer Cushion. The rubber pieces come with the shocks, the part number I listed is on post #89 . I have all of them in front of me right now. I can answer any questions you have.

Remember if you have an LC with stock suspension non-ahc you already have all the retainers you dont need new ones. All you need are those shocks I listed on post 89.
Ah thx for clarifying. I have a non-AHC truck so all I need to do is order the shocks. I’m glad I waited to place my order. I will order just the shocks today. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom