Shock measurement using adapters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Suspension gurus-

I was given 4 free skyjacker shocks, P/N:

N8012- compressed 12” extended 19.32”

N8041- compressed 15.55” extended 26.33”

Both are eye-eye connections so I know I’ll have to use an adapter top and bottom for the front and top for the rear. Shocks are intended for use on 78/79 Ford Broncos (1st year of the fullsize) so I know they’ll handle the weight. I’m running 850J/863’s and will eventually run 33’s (don’t want to regear as I have a 3FE) but for right now I’m running 235/85R16’s.

Question is will these work? Both with my tires now and the planned 33’s? Using adapters I’m a little unclear on what I need to have as far as comp/ext length.

Go out and measure the shock length parked on the street. Then you can start doing the geometry to figure out if/how it will work with these. I would just put them on Craigs List and use the money to buy a set of shocks designed for an 80 series.

Sometimes free ain't free......

Measuring what is currently on there is pointless as after I build the adapters the mounting points will be different. What I’m looking for is someone who has used adapters to get rid of the pin style mounting points to go to the much more widely available eye style, and what they found to be their maximum compressed length without bottoming out the shocks while using 850J/863 coils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom