shipping overseas with engine swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does someone know if vehicle has swamped engine will it be problem for shipping USA to EU and back
i know in some parts of Europe you must have matching numbers for engine and chassis
but if i send vehicle on USA licence plate and later on return it back to USA will it be problem having different engine #

Couldn't tell you what the EU regs are, but to import to the USA the car is supposed to have either: the original, unmodified motor and emissions equipment; or, if it has a swapped motor, said motor needs to be an EPA certified one (this usually means a USA market motor), and have all of its original emissions equipment in place. Whether US Customs would catch a swap is a whole other question.

License plates are State government things, not USA Federal government things, so the fact that it's plated here is likely irrelevant to Customs.

does someone know if vehicle has swamped engine will it be problem for shipping USA to EU and back
i know in some parts of Europe you must have matching numbers for engine and chassis
but if i send vehicle on USA licence plate and later on return it back to USA will it be problem having different engine #

I know in the US you can get a permit to travel with a vehicle from another market. This is different than importing it and do not believe all the other requirements apply. If you intent to later keep the vehicle here peramently you have start from scratch which may mean having it leave the country and come back in at which point has to meet all requirements. With a the countries close together thinking probably the same in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom