Shifter indicator plate part #? (1 Viewer)

20200731_203548.jpg

Can the bubbling be fixed rather than replacing the whole piece?
I actually tried to heat it up with a hair dryer to flatten the bubbles but ended up with some of the material flaking off. The PRND2L peice is just a sticker put on from the inside. After 20 years, I think mine was just too far gone to repair. Maybe someone else has a better repair?

There was someone a while back that I saw that went through tons of effort to cut/print new letters and mask and paint and all that. He ended up using a different font that didn't look quite right, but it was "restored". Not sure it's worth the effort to find that thread though over a $70 part.

Yes, I didn't see how it can be done nicely. It's very thin decal that starts delaminating. On top of it - whole panel needs to be polished, etc

I actually tried to heat it up with a hair dryer to flatten the bubbles but ended up with some of the material flaking off. The PRND2L peice is just a sticker put on from the inside. After 20 years, I think mine was just too far gone to repair. Maybe someone else has a better repair?

I also suggest to buy that plastic cover for the hole. It will be off once you install new panel (new vs scratched/dull)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom