She's back home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello again CottonLanders, back in June 2015 I introduced myself with this thread,

Hello from Tupelo

Well times go by fast, and things don't ever work out exactly the way you plan. I don't want to bore everyone with a big long rambling post. I meant to try to get involved with you folks and contacted @Hooker here in Tupelo but never have actually gotten to meet him.

Long story short, what happened was I got an 80 with a bum engine. Vehicle was a long-distance purchase after an inspection by a well-known mobile vehicle inspection service, which I have since concluded is pretty much worthless. Within days of its arrival, there was an oil leak which the PO had vigorously denied and the inspector apparently missed, although it was pretty obvious. Luckily it was an easy fix. I think, everything's cool. But then other trouble started a-brewin'. Not only was the head going bad but it turned out I was one of the lucky few whose engine block was bad too, so one had to be placed on the boat in Japan and floated this way.

The cruiser had been shipped to ACC for the work at the end of last August. I figured at the time, a new head, replace the cooling system "while it's there," heck I could be ready to go meet the CottonLand boys in Hot Springs in October.

Go ahead, you can laugh, I don't mind.

After going through ACC's service queue the first time, and getting back in line when we had to order the block, and a lot of other "what the hell, it's over there" items, it was late January before it was ready.

On Feb 4th I hopped a flight from Columbus to Atlanta, took my first ever Uber ride to ACC, got a tour of the ACC shop, and brought my baby home. Niiiiiice. The stories about ACC are true. Now I basically have a mechanically rebuilt 80, and it is Fine, but 'WAY more 'spensive than I originally planned for. On the plus side, I'm pretty much done with baselining/PM for a good long while. About the only other things I need to do is refinish the roof where I took the factory rack off, go through the doors to see if I can help the window speeds, and I want a new stereo. ACC will do that for me eventually.

I intended to make this a camping/hunting vehicle, with a lift, some bumpers, dual battery power system, maybe a roof rack. I still want to do it, but now it will be on an extended timeline, I am going to sell some other toys before I put any more money into the cruiser.

So anyway, not that anybody missed me, hell you don't even know me, but that's why I haven't gotten with you boys. Incredibly, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have conflicts with the Mardi Krawl, your Crawfish Boil, AND Hot Springs. You can't make this stuff up. Anyway, I will get over to meet you guys at some point. Maybe Will and I can get together and establish a CottonLand North cell.

One of these days. Happy Cruising, namsag.

Thanks for sharing and yes, the boys at ACC are some of the best! If you can work out only one wheeling/meeting trip you need to let that be SCC! You get to see us at our best during that week and we'd love to have you! Live music, good food, great wheeling, and awesome people! Hope to meet you soon!

Thanks guys, working all weekend, I will try to get some pics up in the next day or so. Outwardly the same as in original thread, minus the roof rack and running boards, with new front mud flaps. Will post a shot of the new under hood.

The SLC is the one I really want to make, and bring my wife and girls, I am really hoping it works out. I know it's in October, is the date firmed up yet? Sooner I know, better chance I'll have.

Thanks Bang Bang, got Mandeville checking in, cool. Heck I might be able to at least make the Saturday and maybe spend the night. I was born and grew up in Jennings. Geaux Tigers!

SCC dates are: Oct 12-15 2017

Damn. I knew it. Can't get away that week.

Well if you're interested here are some photos since she got back home:

IMG_7764_zpsd86iorka.jpg

IMG_7767_zpsrrtvqrwp.jpg

Inside:

IMG_7770_zpsbosfytqg.jpg

IMG_7771_zpspejpgsx3.jpg

All sorted out under the hood:

IMG_7777_zpskdxgblnr.jpg

IMG_7764_zpsd86iorka.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom