Shackle question for my application (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have thoroughly confused myself this week by researching shackles....but here is the deal. Have a Redline Cruisers 2.5" Ultimate lift in the future (Bilstein shocks, procomp springs I believe) and want to replace my OEM shackles when I install the suspension kit.

I am sold on the HFS Barbell shackle kit - but from what I can tell - adding the Redline 2.5" lift kit and then a HFS shackle that are "1-1/2" higher than stock" - does that mean Im now looking at 4" lift combined?

I believe this is not additive and these shackles will be just fine with a 2.5" lift - and will not add any additional height requiring extended brake lines, etc. Just wanted to confirm with the experts here - it's my first time kissing shackles :)

No, they are 1.5" longer than oe....an additional 0.75" of lift is what they will give, over stock length shackles.
Chances are they're about the same length as what you have now.

No, they are 1.5" longer than oe....an additional 0.75" of lift is what they will give, over stock length shackles.
Chances are they're about the same length as what you have now.
Thanks bud!

FWIW dont be bummed if after install you find the shackle angles are crappy, you may get it on first try but often times you need to set it all up then get shackles to achieve good shackle angle which IMO is critical to ride comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom