Shackle flip ok for truck with camper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if you could find a coil-over shock to pair with the front? Some are adjustable, so you could loosen off the torsion
maybe to smooth it out and use the coil to absord the load? I'm just spitballing, don't know if that would work or not

That’s definitely worth looking into. I’ll have to see what’s out there for coilovers. Thanks for the suggestion!

OK, started a thread in CHAT. Dangerous place to go with anything common sense, but thought I'd ask.
I got a pretty straighforward answer from a guy

"100 series lc Ironman or OME torsion bar upgrades, coiliver is pretty much custom at this point. There are some SAS options available but highly involved and expensive."

So I have no idea where the front end of a DYNA fits into the rest of LandCruiser world. So go to OME, and send them a query.
If you share front end with other trucks, then you might be able to upgrade. This would be nice. I have had many sets of OME
springs. I have no trouble recommending anything from them.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately the front suspension doesn’t seem to share any parts with other Toyo models. Part #’s control arms, bushings, ball-joints, etc. don’t cross with anything. Would be a whole lot of custom work!

Ah well, keep it stock and do what you can. Reliability is the key anyways. That’s a cool rig. Where in the big city are you?

Ah well, keep it stock and do what you can. Reliability is the key anyways. That’s a cool rig. Where in the big city are you?
Agreed, reliability is key for sure. The upgraded torsion bars have helped, along with low profile bump stops, clearance is solid in the front. (About 10.5") And CV angles still aren't too aggressive. It's no rock crawler but goes almost anywhere with some careful navigation of extreme trails.

And thanks, really happy with the rig. Bought it on a bit of a whim and was very pleased with what a durable beast the truck has turned out to be. If one was really ambitious it could be turned into a real off road monster. The differentials are the same as many 4Runners so lots of options for lockers, etc. for both the front and rear. Add a modest turbo to the 3.0l diesel engine and there would be more power to push larger tires

I live about 45min west of Calgary.

Add a modest turbo to the 3.0l diesel engine and there would be more power to push larger tires
So what engine is in that? @GTSSportCoupe might find this interesting?
My office is in Calgary, don’t get there as much as I should. Piloting is always elsewhere.

So what engine is in that? @GTSSportCoupe might find this interesting?
My office is in Calgary, don’t get there as much as I should. Piloting is always elsewhere.
It’s the Toyota 5L engine, it’s a 3 liter inline four. Same as some of the Hilux trucks use and the Land Cruiser Prado I believe.

It’s the successor to the 3L 2.8 liter engine that was much more widely used in the 90’s

Agreed, reliability is key for sure. The upgraded torsion bars have helped, along with low profile bump stops, clearance is solid in the front. (About 10.5") And CV angles still aren't too aggressive. It's no rock crawler but goes almost anywhere with some careful navigation of extreme trails.

And thanks, really happy with the rig. Bought it on a bit of a whim and was very pleased with what a durable beast the truck has turned out to be. If one was really ambitious it could be turned into a real off road monster. The differentials are the same as many 4Runners so lots of options for lockers, etc. for both the front and rear. Add a modest turbo to the 3.0l diesel engine and there would be more power to push larger tires

I live about 45min west of Calgary.
Hi Drewgold, could I just ask you where you bought your upgraded torsion bars? Im looking at completely renovating my 97 4wd camper and in doing so toughen up my suspension all around as it currently rides like an old sofa.
Thanks a bunch!

IMG_20210801_164649.jpg

Hi Drewgold, could I just ask you where you bought your upgraded torsion bars? Im looking at completely renovating my 97 4wd camper and in doing so toughen up my suspension all around as it currently rides like an old sofa.
Thanks a bunch!

A group of us special ordered them out of the US. Send me a PM and I can give you details.

That's a beauty rig by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom