Sexy Lexey, dead (err won't start) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So since getting the Power Wagon, I've admittedly not been driving her. Primary battery dead. Replaced both as they were from early '14. All I get still is just a click now. So my gut feel is solenoid. AFIAK it is the original starter. 200k. So... I really haven't done too much troubleshooting yet, just trying to get some ideas on what to look at. Thought about giving it a tap with the hammer...

All it does is click... click, click? With each attempt/ key try?

So the battery good/new...

Is it internment? Does it eventually start?

First guess would be starter contacts, sorta sounds like the culprit, and common.

Yeah, new Interstates from Costco. I can combine them, even tried my jump pack thingy. Same sitch.

What dual battery setup do you have?

Sounds like starter contacts if your batteries are fully charged. Rarely do the starter go bad just replacing the contact is all thats needed. Like other said normally repeated attempts will get a few more starts.

Sounds like starter contacts if your batteries are fully charged. Rarely do the starter go bad just replacing the contact is all thats needed. Like other said normally repeated attempts will get a few more starts.

Phil, what do you mean by contacts? The starter solenoid?

IMG_1426.JPG
Power wagon pics?
Power wagon pics?

I really like the f'n thing. (might not in 10 years) But so far, other than the size of the hood, it has been pretty impressive off-road. Taking it to UT in a couple of weeks. And I do have some step-sliders on order, but they won't be here in time for the trip. And when the 33's are dust, I'll put 35's. Not going to 37's. Notice, I ordered the ARE Wind-doors, err whatever they call them. Thing sits so high, you can't get to anything in the bed anyway. And I'm 6'. :) When you disconnect the front sway bar, she'll articulate pretty well. The front locker seems to be a bit more of an issue. Still, where I live, on dirt roads, traction control off, drift on! (teaching my son) And no, it is not a Raptor. Apples to oranges.

Last edited:
Awesome beast. Long wheelbase, ground clearance and lockers, great overlander. Consider a bed slide, best mod I ever added to my duramax. Hope your 33's wear out fast, 35's for sure. Congrats