GM service stabilitrack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What does this mean? My wife has 09 yukon xl denali and she called me this morning and said that her dash light came on and she couldn't shift into reverse. Turned car off and restarted and it went away.

We have known that the auto adjust air shocks and compressor need to be replaced. Are those things tied together?

StabiliTrak is GM’s electronic stability control system. It’s basically a “next level” anti-lock braking system (ABS) that uses the brakes on individual wheels to control things like understeer, oversteer, and stopping.

As I say, it is braking system, but it has a buttload of sensors to tell when the vehicle is skidding, spinning, or otherwise out of control. I can see that malfunctioning air shocks could mess up the inputs from those sensors.

After some research online and reading others posting elsewhere about this issue I put together the lights and some other issues (cruise not working, not shifting into reverse, etc) and changed the brake switch. Seems everything is back to normal except for shocks still needing replaced. Haven't gotten the stability/abs/traction control dash lights since.
$9.53 for the part and hopefully good to go.

Yep, with the additional information on cruise and brake lights, the switch would be something to check.

Still going without any issues

That’s the one thing I hate with the electronic stuff - you’re never totally confident that you fixed the issue. Something physically breaks or wears out, you take it out and look at it and look at the new one and you feel pretty confident about it because you can see the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom