Sequoia or LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

firetruck41 said:
ARACO has assembled Land Cruisers for Toyota since the beginning of time, basically they make the best vehicle Toyota has to offer. Whether the quality will continue or decline, now that the LC is apparently assembled by a Toyota plant, no one knows.

Thanks for the info.... I don't understand how this three-way merger (see link) would have an impact on the production or assembly of the LC. It's not like they relocated or consolidated the LC assembly line in a third-world country. It appears Toyota Boshoku is a member of the Toyota Group according to their Web site... I'm guessing part of supply chain management and possibly a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation.

If you have more insight please elaborate.

http://www.toyota-boshoku.co.jp/en/about/dc/index.html

firetruck41 said:
ARACO has assembled Land Cruisers for Toyota since the beginning of time, basically they make the best vehicle Toyota has to offer. Whether the quality will continue or decline, now that the LC is apparently assembled by a Toyota plant, no one knows.

I thought it was only the name that changed from ARACO to Toyota Boshoku(?) and that was about it, LC's still being assembled at the same plant and stuff.

Or did I miss something?

Mot

mot said:
I thought it was only the name that changed from ARACO to Toyota Boshoku(?) and that was about it, LC's still being assembled at the same plant and stuff.

Or did I miss something?

Mot
You are probably right, I am only really aware, that LCs are supposedly no longer made by ARACO, but it could just be a renaming and/or new management/structure. I'm positive there are those who know much more about it than me. :D

The Sequoia is built to compete with the Fords and Chevys. Big family SUV with alot of plastic on the inside. You can get them with nicer options, but this is basically what they are built for. I sat in a basic model and thought I was in a Ford. The are made for the family SUV masses.

The Land Cruiser/LX470 is built to compete with the Land Rovers and G Wagons. Luxurious and capable. Upper echelon SUV. If you sit in one or drive one, you know you are in a nice vehicle, not just a average vehicle with alot of cool options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom