Sendcutsend Metal Cutting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fabricator buddy recently shared with me the site Sendcutsend and I feel like it could benefit the mud community. He owns a plasma cutter but he still found it cheaper and easier to use their site. You load a dxf file, choose your metal and instantly get a quote.
I was able to get all the pieces for my battery box in 1/4” aluminum for under 40 dollars
21833560-9AB4-4DAA-A708-6B928F4718A9.jpeg

I have used them a couple times and I will continue to use them in the future. Also they have been adding to their material library to include wood and plastics not just metal.

I have also used sendcutesend for small run and proto stuff in steel. Site is super easy to use and the parts have been perfect every time so far.

how accurate would the parts be typically? Could you do gears and other more precise items?

how accurate would the parts be typically? Could you do gears and other more precise items?
In my experience with local laser cutters if I have parts which need .005" positional tolerance they will all say they can do it, but when you have a straightforward "average" part that is +/- .01" they won't hit size and they will claim laser just isn't accurate enough for what I need.

Sendcutsend works on DXF drawings which isn't a true print to make a part. A real model/print, especially for something like a gear has a bunch of information contained in the language of GD&T.

If the standard laser +/- .01" is good enough for your parts then laser is a good way. There are thousands of different metalworking processes though.

My fabricator buddy recently shared with me the site Sendcutsend and I feel like it could benefit the mud community. He owns a plasma cutter but he still found it cheaper and easier to use their site. You load a dxf file, choose your metal and instantly get a quote.
I was able to get all the pieces for my battery box in 1/4” aluminum for under 40 dollars
View attachment 2777191
Did that come as pieces and you welded it together? Do you have the file for that you could share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom