Second 40 (1 Viewer)

So what is better than owning a 40, owning 2 40s. I sold my 80, build thread here https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/403256-another-texas-ls1-swap.html, and in the deal got an 82 FJ40. My first 40 I have had for 13 years and is my trailer queen (see avatar). This one is going to stay stock as much as possible. It has some rust, but what late model doesn't.
IMG_4179.jpg
IMG_3654.jpg

Cool man congrats!! I saw it on the trailer passing through downtown, hardtop flipped on the trailer behind 40 yesterday afternoon. wondered who mr lucky was! Looked good.
Enjoy

Tim

FishTacos

At the Muskielounge
In all seriousness....

warpdriv, that thing looks pretty sweet. What are you planing with it? Make it more stock? Light wheeler?

Doesn't look too rusty from here but I guess I'm used to looking at mine. Skid plate hiding the cancer? More pics?

Incidentally, I have a 40 and a 60 so we're square.I think I would rather have a 40 and a 55 but that hundred ain't too bad.

Sea Knight

SILVER Star
So what is better than owning a 40, owning 2 40s. I sold my 80, build thread here https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/403256-another-texas-ls1-swap.html, and in the deal got an 82 FJ40. My first 40 I have had for 13 years and is my trailer queen (see avatar). This one is going to stay stock as much as possible. It has some rust, but what late model doesn't.

Looks great Jeff. I don't see much rust, at least not compared to mine. However, that modern looking winch is totally inappropriate for a 40. I'll be happy to take it off your hands, so you'll have room to mount an 8274. ;) :cheers:

Very nice Jeff! That truck must have lived it's life in TX. Not much rust for an 83 model. Odd...

Muchas gracias. It was a Colorado truck. Lots of rust in the tub. The driver and passenger floors have already been replaced. But yea, low rust for the year. The front and rear finderwells were undercoated.

Sent from my DroidCruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom