craigslist Seattle: 78 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't see this one posted. If it was closer to me - I might finally have my first LC. It checks all the right boxes for my weekend mountain rig, summer round towner. The best part is its in my price range.

I know you said the best part is that it’s in your price range ..... but I beg to differ.

I think the best part is bolted to the passenger dash Oh S!ht handle :

E82F87ED-C556-4739-AEAE-8F5EBA8A4FD8.jpeg

Life doesn't get any better than this.

Yeah I agree with both of you guys. I sent him a message.

Think a top will fit over that cage?
I suppose flying out there to get it going and drive it back to Colorado would be a dumb idea. Looks like it can be shipped here for about 1K$.

Ah, it's probably sold already at that price point.

I don’t know what your situation is .... but if it was a $1k delivery fee away from me I would buy it. That’s just me and my state of mind ... as eff’ed up as it is :)

Last two trucks I had shipped to me I paid $1 per mile.

That was from Colorado (front range) to me in 78746.

If you go for it let me know I love watching updates to resurrect trucks like this !!

Check out the licence plate frame. :)
00T0T_aQGFZQXhesS_600x450.jpg

"This ain't no damn Jeep."

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with both of you guys. I sent him a message.

Think a top will fit over that cage?
I suppose flying out there to get it going and drive it back to Colorado would be a dumb idea. Looks like it can be shipped here for about 1K$.

Ah, it's probably sold already at that price point.
1) Probably not sold. 2) You wouldn't want the roll cage in front. Metal pipe is not friendly to your noggin'. 3) Dumb ideas are the best ideas. Just sayin'.
A winch, and power steering. Hmm. I have a fender you can have.

One more just AWSOME piece of advice .... don’t bother w trying to find a hard top. Just put a bikini top on it ... or worst case a full soft top of you gotta keep it stored outdoors ... replace the carburetor and air filter .... and whatever else prevents it from just driving at 35 mph (and passing state safety inspection) and ENJOY IT LIKE IT IS.

You don’t need to buy a $30k 40 series to experience the joy of driving one (aka having near death experience).

Keep me posted !!!

@toyotaj Check this one out

Maybe best to spend the extra $3k and buy this one which is a runner...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom