Seat help: (covered ad nauseam I know) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello – new to FJs and the forums, but I've been lurking for a few months. Loving all the incredible info available here.

TLDR: Will my seats/parts list work in my 78 Columbian FJ40?

I've recently purchased a South American (Columbian) 1978 fj40 and I'm loving diving into it. As I expected, I'm running into lots of little things that were done poorly with incorrect parts/bolts and what not. Which I 100% expected and made sure to get into it at a price I was comfortable with, knowing I would have these kinds of things popping up.

Currently, working on a seat issue: the rear anchor/support post on the passenger side that mounts behind the gas tank, appears to have been cut off. So the back corner of the seat is just free to bounce around. Doesn't seem correct – and also seems unsafe.

There is a split bench seat in there now, but I want to swap to buckets + a console. I've done a bunch of forum reading and found several threads that have been a huge help.

Based on my resarch, I plan to install:

CCOT Seat Riser Kit 9/72 - 12/78
ProCar by Scat 80-1300-51R PRO-90 Series (L+R comes w. sliders)
ProcCar Seat Adapter Brackets 81618 & 81618
Console – Probably a Tuffy 6.5"

Additionally, I've purchased an OEM Roll Bar to use in mounting 3point seatbelts.

My real questions are: Will my parts list work/fit in my 78 Columbian FJ40? Is there something I'm missing or overlooking? Something odd/off with a Columbian model that would change what parts I may need etc.

Thanks for your time and any insight/help is greatly appreciated.
-Matt

Does your research indicate that the rig was ORIGINALLY a bucket or bench seat rig?

I believe it is originally a bench seat. But to be honest, I'm not sure – is there an easy way to tell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom