Seat frame rattle can paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think stock off the boat mirror arms were body color as were turn signal bases. Kind of a fj25 vibe. I've only seen body color cluster/glove box on 25's but I am probably wrong. All the new stuff comes in some shade of pewter. Not exactly the same pewter but close.

I have a sprayout of the darker color t145 ash grey metallic. Which is NOT correct and what I believe is the correct on my bumper. I sprayed the bumper and seat frames with the ccot mix.
I'll add the t145 sprayout pic next to the bumper to this post later today.
At one time I had a brand new Toyota bumper here and from memory it is as close as you can get. Ill set it next to a turn signal and a mirror arm for you as well.
The ccot paint is pricy but I've been paying approx $70 a pint for good single stage by itself so not horrible when you figure they send reducer and hardener as well.
Its pouring and my sprayout is in the car in the driveway. The glove box is the incorrect color t145, the bumper is the ccot paint. The turn signal has not been painted. I'm going with the ccot paint. Easy, avail and shoots well with a 1.3 or 1.4 needle in a decent gun.

View attachment 2398143

View attachment 2398144
Thanks.

quick tip on reassembly. Cheap awl set from Amazon and notch the piping on the back of the cover. I used a hot glue gun to glue the piping first.

20200811_194734.jpg

20200811_202129.jpg

Had to tear the walking foot presser bar out of my 1943 singer 111w153 tonight so the rest of the seat fabric welding will need to wait for parts to arrive. It is like the landcruiser of sewing machines. Ill post up how to do the bottoms after I fix it.

15972843221886213589273914838634.jpg

I have a sprayout of the darker color t145 ash grey metallic. Which is NOT correct and what I believe is the correct on my bumper. I sprayed the bumper and seat frames with the ccot mix.
I'll add the t145 sprayout pic next to the bumper to this post later today.
At one time I had a brand new Toyota bumper here and from memory it is as close as you can get. Ill set it next to a turn signal and a mirror arm for you as well.
The ccot paint is pricy but I've been paying approx $70 a pint for good single stage by itself so not horrible when you figure they send reducer and hardener as well.
Its pouring and my sprayout is in the car in the driveway. The glove box is the incorrect color t145, the bumper is the ccot paint. The turn signal has not been painted. I'm going with the ccot paint. Easy, avail and shoots well with a 1.3 or 1.4 needle in a decent gun.

View attachment 2398143

View attachment 2398144
I just now realized T145 ash grey metallic is the Toyota paint code.

I just now realized T145 ash grey metallic is the Toyota paint code.

Are you going to get some T145 mixed up to compare it to the CCOT paint color? You're helping alot of people with the mystery of the pewter gray paint.

Are you going to get some T145 mixed up to compare it to the CCOT paint color? You're helping alot of people with the mystery of the pewter gray paint.
Nah, T145 is a paint code, I do not know if it’s correct. I’m not a painter, house walls, car panels, etc. I’m not set up to spray at this point either. That’s why I’m looking for rattle can paint. I here JT Outfitters sells it. They call it Land Cruiser Gray trim paint.

Post #17 glovebox door is t145. Ill do some sprayouts for people when I shoot paint again. I can prob shoot t145 on one side and the ccot pewter on the other. Will be reshooting the glove box door anyway to pewter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom