Seat covers 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quoting myself (because why not?)

The Seat covers are Shear Comfort. They are natural/blond colored, look great, have had them for years with no degradation, and always comfortable no matter what the temp, fit super tight and look right. Only thing better would be Mosley Motors leather with A/C.

Got any pics of these? How do they handle the rigors of the daily driving / offroading / dirt / dogs? What's the care to keep them looking top notch?

Thanks,

The Seat covers are Shear Comfort. They are natural/blond colored, look great, have had them for years with no degradation, and always comfortable no matter what the temp, fit super tight and look right. Only thing better would be Mosley Motors leather with A/C.

Do you have some pictures of how they fit? It looks like they are selling "universal seat covers" and I'm super picky about how seat covers fit/look.

Do NOT get the Neoprene covers. I got a set of the custom fit covers for my son's 80 and they slide all over the place and are already starting to show wear after just a year of light use. They cost almost as much as the replacement leather and are really terrible.

Got any pics of these? How do they handle the rigors of the daily driving / offroading / dirt / dogs? What's the care to keep them looking top notch?
Thanks,
Don't have pics and my 80's in a different state right now. I've daily driven these covers for the past 5 years with almost no wear. I have vacuumed them once. You could clean them with water and shampoo if really dirty. Mine look pretty much the same. Don't have a dog. (need to fix that).

Do you have some pictures of how they fit? It looks like they are selling "universal seat covers" and I'm super picky about how seat covers fit/look.

They fit super tight and don't move at all. That would bother me too. Had to cut a small hole for the head rest mechanism. Just a small "X". You can't tell and the hole doesn't expand.

I'll check my phone for pics.

Last edited:
Got word back from the Support Rep at Black Duck Seat Covers out of Australia. They do not make seat covers that fit the electric powered, leather seats that we get here in the States. Bummer.

Jack

I'm guessing that their response is based only on the electric seat control cutouts being on the right-hand seat for the RHD vehicles in Australia where the US model would be on the opposite side. The dimensions of the seats/fitment being the same otherwise. It would be very easy to have the seat covers modified to account for the differences.

I recently got a set of carhartt covers and love them. The extra bit of padding is nice.

Color also goes great with the tan interiors.

View attachment 2363111

What vehicle spec. did you order your covers for that fit the 80? I looked and didn't find that they sold a set for the 80. Thanks.

I’ll quote you! Sheepskins are also period correct for a 1997 halo car.

Halo car???? What is halo car?

Either way, these seat covers are practical, useful, and look right.

What vehicle spec. did you order your covers for that fit the 80? I looked and didn't find that they sold a set for the 80. Thanks.

I just called Covercraft (their website is down) and they do make these for the 80 series. They are not carried in stock so there is an 8 to 9 week lead time and $375.

I've had Wet Okole's in a 4Runner and liked them, but the underlying seats were cloth, not old leather so I was more interested in preventing spills from getting through. They did that well, but being neoprene they don't breathe and I'd find myself with a wet backside on long trips. These Carhartt/Covercraft covers are about the same price.

I like my Marathons in the second row that I’ve had for a little over a year with small kiddos spilling everything known to man on them.

I ordered mine off car cover USA.

Products Ordered
SKU: GTT664CABN
Product Name: Carhartt Precision Fit Seat Covers: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Base First Row With leather bucket seats with adjustable headrests without seat airbags (BN Carhartt Brown)

I like my Marathons in the second row that I’ve had for a little over a year with small kiddos spilling everything known to man on them.
I’m thinking marathons are the way to go. Thanks for posting up

Update got my marathon seat covers today and m very happy with fit and finish.

A5E19B69-F104-4709-B90F-B1D0831E6F41.jpeg

Seconding sheepskin, I got some universal fit ones Costco used to sell. Looks like they still have them listed online but in gray only. Natural color still available on Amazon here

Easy to install, and like someone else said, feels cool in summer, warm in winter, not sure how that works but it does. The fur is very lush and thick, adds a lot of padding to the seat. I don't even feel the cracked jagged seat leather underneath. I wasn't sold on the sideless thing at first but it leaves all the controls accessible and made it way easier to install than the ballistic nylon custom fit covers I had before (which eventually ripped apart at the seams). I love 'em, great buy if you can get on board with the sheepskin look, probably not for everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom