Seat belt retractor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driver's seat belt is very slow to retract. Does anyone know if this can be adjusted or would I need to purchase a new retractor?

Also, how do I know if I have the "PRECRASH SYSTEM" or not if I do need to replace?
upload_2018-4-3_18-36-46.png

I believe PCS is on all us spec cruisers for MY 2013+

I've had good experience with a dealer replacing faulty seatbelts under warranty, and also out of warranty as courtesy fixes. But this was on an Acura, at an Acura dealer.

Before replacing, have you tried cleaning it? On my 100 series I had the same problem and found a good cleaning helped a lot.

Before replacing, have you tried cleaning it? On my 100 series I had the same problem and found a good cleaning helped a lot.
Did you clean the fabric (the actual belt) or the retracting mechanism as well? What did you use on the belt?

Didn't clean the retractor. Just pulled the belt out as far as I could, then shut the door on it. I used a stiff nylon brush with some car wash soap to scrub the belt. I let it soak in for a few minutes followed by a good rinse using a garden hose with the highest pressure hose end I had at the house. A pressure washer might do better but didn't have one at the time.

BTW, I don't deserve credit for this, not that bright. Pretty sure I just followed some advice I got out of the 100 series forum - might try a search over there for more/better ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom