Schock Gurus need your advice - Fox 2.0 size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi !

Well, after 8 years and 90k miles my OME shocks were due a much needed replacement. After some research I decided on the Fox 2.0, and without looking at the specs much I bought the longer ones

I just installed them and realized they were a lot longer than the OME

Here are the specs
...............................................................Ext....................Collapsed
OME Front - N73.........................................24.17................13.93
Fox 2.0 985-24-076 (longer ones).................25.95................15.35

OME Rear - 74E..........................................24.41.................14.57
Fox 2.0 985-24-087 (longer ones).................27.25.................16.65

I have the OME 850 / 863 (heavy) coils. In the front I have 1in spacer, and I estimate my rig has about 3.5 in of lift

I have not flexed the suspension yet, but what do you guys think ? Will I be OK with the longer shocks ?

Please helppppp! I just spent a good amount of $$ on this and I can't believe I was so dumb to not check on the specs before ordering o_O :flipoff2:o_O:flipoff2:

I haven't checked the specs, but look like they are about compairable to ome l's. If that is the case, just put a bump stop extension on the truck.

x2, about the same as the N73L&N74L OME shocks usually used in combo with J springs

ome l shocks

Thanks ! sound like i need to flex it and see

BTW... I DO recommend installing the shock shields. Look at the amount of pitting on the OME shock

upload_2015-9-3_10-56-57.png

Compressed length is your main concern. If the suspension can compress enough to bottom out the shock you will be in a sad situation...

Given most folk when moving to OME L shocks (similar open/close length to the Fox you have) WILL put in bump stop lowering blocks you may want to consider doing that too... Or fully cycle your suspension to see what the situation is.

Hopefully you have extended (lowered) your sway bar links at the chassis end or you run more risk of snapping the links/brackets etc if you fully droop/articulate a lot with the longer open length shocks.

Most of the above is standard practice when moving to OME L shocks too...

cheers,
george.

BEST suggestion is take them off & FULLY compress your suspension. Like George said, over-compressing a shock is a big no-no & will ruin them almost instantly. Also, check out your FULL extension in the suspension. Not near as paramount as compression but still worth noting.

I went for the long Fox 2.0s as well. I should have gone for the shorter rears. I have OME medium springs with 30mm spacers in front.
Looks like 2" bump stop spacers in front will work but the rear will need at least 3". I also went with extended brake lines from Slee.

I'm on the fence on ordering new shorter ones for the rear and trying to sell the long ones opposed to running a 3" bump stop extension.

Hi guys.... I already have the longer brake lines and sway bar extensions. no concerns there

I tried flexing but I could not get it to max out. I really need more weight on the truck and perhaps a more violent move, which then i would not be able to see what is going on.

At any rate, I looked at the bumps, and there are two of them. One inside the coil and the other on the frame rail

Which one if the right one to extend ?

Thanks !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom