ScanGauge options for GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just received and “programmed” my ScanGauge...these things are pretty slick!
Of the standard available options, I’ve chosen to display Water Temp, Intake Air Temp, and Voltage. Other options like MPG, fuel cost/trip, RPM etc are either not important to me, or redundant to other instruments.
I took a look at the available “X-Gauge” commands we have...not many unless I’m not looking in the right place.
The only one I found helpful is Transmission Temp. I entered the custom codes for it, and now have this as the 4th parameter displayed on my screen.
My question is, what are those of you with a ScanGauge opting to display on your screen? And, are you finding other X-Gauge options (besides tranny temp and tire pressure) that’s helpful or important?
Thanks

I just received and “programmed” my ScanGauge...these things are pretty slick!
Of the standard available options, I’ve chosen to display Water Temp, Intake Air Temp, and Voltage. Other options like MPG, fuel cost/trip, RPM etc are either not important to me, or redundant to other instruments.
I took a look at the available “X-Gauge” commands we have...not many unless I’m not looking in the right place.
The only one I found helpful is Transmission Temp. I entered the custom codes for it, and now have this as the 4th parameter displayed on my screen.
My question is, what are those of you with a ScanGauge opting to display on your screen? And, are you finding other X-Gauge options (besides tranny temp and tire pressure) that’s helpful or important?
Thanks
Hi there,
What codes did you use to program to read the transmission temperature? I have a 04 GX470 and the codes (all 4 of them) on the websites don't work.

I just got mine a few weeks a ago as well. I’m running tranny temp, water temp, intake air temp and voltage. The tranny temp let me discover my temps were too high so I will be installing an aftermarket cooler.

I also checked all the tire pressures with it just for curiosity.

As for input codes, the ones on the website worked for my 06. Check your firmware version. This link may help

Last edited:
This is normally what I have my gauge on. Then AFR and fuel trims every so often to check on health of things.

This is normally what I have my gauge on. Then AFR and fuel trims every so often to check on health of things.

C3178443-6EDE-4E26-B1A9-1F73DC30C0A3.jpeg

Got the scan gauge and my water temp stays around 200-205 Fahrenheit. This is around town on a fully stock vehicle with ambient temperature around 35-45 degrees. My water temp seems to be a bit higher than other vehicles I have had. What water temps are you guys seeing in daily driving?

Got the scan gauge and my water temp stays around 200-205 Fahrenheit. This is around town on a fully stock vehicle with ambient temperature around 35-45 degrees. My water temp seems to be a bit higher than other vehicles I have had. What water temps are you guys seeing in daily driving?
I’m consistently between 204 and 208. It’ll get to 210 when under a load while towing the camper.

You’re good at those temps.

Mine usually runs 195F but can creep up to 200F when it's hot out. 204F seems a bit higher than I'd expect but isn't crazy high either. I also installed a new thermostat, all hoses, and coolant 30K ago.

i routinely see the following coolant temps on my ScanGauge.
Note, these are with a 185* t-stat and healthy cooling system.

190* level ground, no towing, winter temps, freeway speeds
195* level ground, no towing,summer temps, freeway speeds

Highest I’ve see is 202*, towing a 2800 lb trailer up the Cascade mountains in 85* weather.

Mine usually runs 195F but can creep up to 200F when it's hot out. 204F seems a bit higher than I'd expect but isn't crazy high either. I also installed a new thermostat, all hoses, and coolant 30K ago.
I probably need to change the thermostat again. Was in a bind in middle of nowhere Texas this Christmas when mine decided to not work anymore. Found the only O’Reilly’s (or any parts store) within 100 miles with the only thermostat in around.

Will head to the dealership to get an OEM next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom