San Diego County Cruiser Salvage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about heading down to Jeep911 this weekend to scope some parts for my new FJ80, anyone been there and can say if it's worth the drive? Are there any other local Cruiser salvage options?

Thanks in advance!

91 FJ80
  • rear driver's tail-light
  • side mirrors (both sides but might try to swap them out with non-mechanical units)
  • 2nd row seat + belts
  • both front belts
  • antennea (might try to swap that out with a non-mechanical unit)
  • ash-tray for 2nd row door
  • shocks to hold up rear tailgate
Not looking to purchase all at once but that's my current list.

You won't find tail lights or mirrors unless they get a new truck in and they go first. Interior parts are hot and miss. You'll find 2 to 5 cruisers there and another yard down there has a few more. I'd give it 50/50 you find anything you want unless you just happen to walk in when a fresh truck has arrived. They aren't cheap.

I've heard they're pricey and their google reviews are off the charts horrible but I'm dropping my son off down at the water park for the afternoon and expect to have time to kill. What's the name of the other place?

If you are that close, it's worth a stop. It's just up the hill from the waterpark. I think that the other place is called 'Daves 3' or something. The hard rock guy can tell you where it is. I've bought a few things down there and not had a bad experience, but have not often found what I need, sometimes the price was too high so I passed.

I have a OME lift kits I not going to use....4" j springs

4" lift is double what I was thinking for a lift, mostly going to be doing overland stuff, very little rock crawling

Last edited:
I stopped by Home today and took some pictures. The prices seemed high for me ($10 for passenger door ashtray, $40/ea for rear lift gate shock) but a couple other places quoted the same price for the shocks. Daves 3 didn't have any cruisers but Oscars (just around the corner) had about six or seven 80's and two or three 60's. Most of what you'd be able to get are exterior body panels and some engine stuff from any of them. Just like @sbman said, if the truck isn't new you'll likely be out of luck.

Photo Jun 03, 11 18 03 AM.jpg

Photo Jun 03, 11 17 50 AM.jpg

Photo Jun 03, 11 17 48 AM.jpg

Photo Jun 03, 11 17 30 AM.jpg

Photo Jun 03, 11 16 53 AM.jpg

I'd like to find a good used speed sensor from a 91-92 transfer case, but also not sure I want to drive down there for just that.
Scot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom