Running Fog Independent of Headlight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So as we know, the mod done in the 4Runner does not work in the 200. The one where you just tap into 12v and run it to the fog relay.

I like to run parking lights and fog lights, no low beams, when it's dusk and/or foggy out etc.

With the logic above, could I not just ground out pin 1 to make the fog relay think the headlights are always on? Therefore resulting in independent fog like operation as long as the parking lights are on?

Yes, I believe that could work and get what you want.

Though the fog light switch on the stalk wouldn't govern the fog light function anymore. Effectively, the fogs would then be tied to come on anytime the parking lights are on.

Yes, I believe that could work and get what you want.

Though the fog light switch on the stalk wouldn't govern the fog light function anymore. Effectively, the fogs would then be tied to come on anytime the parking lights are on.
I hear you. But with your logic, under factory operation, wouldn't that mean the fog lights would just be always on when parking lights and headlights are both on?

I'm going to try this out and see what happens. Going on vacation for a few weeks though so it'll have to wait.

Any updates on this? Looking at the info/tests so far it seems to me that if one was to ground FR FOG Pin 1 it would then allow the fogs to be turned on and off in any state of the headlights being on...hi-low-parking. If my understanding is off and the operation is as that the fogs would just always be on if the headlights are on, perhaps the answer is in the operation of the stalk switch itself? Has that been looked at? I didn't see it my pass of the thread but I may have missed it...

I have a 2013LX and am curious about this, too. I've done the "anytime fog light mod" on a 2005 Tundra and a 2010 Venza and I really enjoyed the flexibility of lighting schemes. I, too, would like to use my fog lights when my parking lights are on at times, but not always.

@Climbermac, are you planning on attempting what you note above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom