Running boards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all, and happy Monday to you. So I’m putting my 1966 40 back together. And after reading a number of threads on this forum, realized that my running boards never had the supports coming from the frame to the running board. The running boards I don’t believe to be original. I’ve also read the there has been a few design differences over the years. Can any one tell me what would have been stock for my 66, and would it indeed have the frame support? Thanks!

Easiest to post a picture of your current running boards and underneath in the area of the A pillar. That is where the support bracket should be.

Thanks living in the past! I’ll get some pictures tomorrow morning, and post.

D7837EAB-EAE4-4FE1-BB15-ECF424188FC9.jpeg
4FD49AB0-8289-4EF6-8C45-D912F7525395.jpeg
So the second picis of course the current running board. And the first pic is from underneath where the support should go, assuming the 66 came with that support Thanks

Yep, its missing the support, place a wanted add in classifieds.
You do have a later 40 series running board, you should have something like this instead.

20180416_223946.jpg

Yes missing a bolt in bracket, easy fix. As the thecrazygreek pointed out you have the wrong running boards. The bolt holes in the rocker panel do not all line up. I know this because I replaced mine on my 68 with later ones from a 78. I bend my passenger's side when I put it on it's side in 75. If your looking to be correct you would need to replace them. If you go that route use white not black for the mat. Defeats the purpose of being original going with anything but white. I thought about going back to stock on my 68 so like a bunch of other things located the correct running boards.

Thanks thecrazrgreek! I was thinking it was the wrong running board but was not sure witch one was the right one. I have not do a dedicated searched yet, but am assuming the early style will be hard to come by...

And I agree with replacing with the white. Thecrazygreek, is the photo u posted one of your running boards? Very nice resto! It looks amazing

Thanks.. Yes that's from my current 64 build. About two months away from completion.

So I got a really nice set of running boards from one of our members. So now I’m wondering where to buy the white rubber tread. Thanks for any information. Bill

So I got a really nice set of running boards from one of our members. So now I’m wondering where to buy the white rubber tread. Thanks for any information. Bill

Tons of places on the inter webs. It's called pyramid vinyl mat. I will need some eventually but haven't done much searching.

Thank you both! I did not know what it was called, so thanks for that. I’ll do a bit of a search, and see what I come up with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom