RTT Group buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@beno

Couldnt agree more in 95% of cases

I supported a US company. I bought a CVT tent out of oregon. Not sure if it came from china or not, but likely since it looks the exact same as every other mfg and is already falling part after 5 uses - and its garage kept. Also, it had a significant issue after 1 use and instead of doing the right thing and replacing it, they sent me a zip lock bag with some rivets and a piece of cloth and told me to fix it myself.

Im all for supporting local businesses who truly make their products here and stand behind them, but if they are going to sell me chinese or other garbage at huge mark-up anyway, id just assume take the junk without the mark up.

I simply can't justify the expense of a quality hard shell tent for the few times a year I might get a chance to use it. I still have my old Mombasa RTT. It's beat up, can't get a new cover for it though the distributor in Dallas tried, and a pain to stow but would like something easier to stow if it's going on top of the GX. Getting older sux.

@beno

I supported a US company. I bought a CVT tent out of oregon. Not sure if it came from china or not, but likely since it looks the exact same as every other mfg and is already falling part after 5 uses - and its garage kept. Also, it had a significant issue after 1 use and instead of doing the right thing and replacing it, they sent me a zip lock bag with some rivets and a piece of cloth and told me to fix it myself.

Im all for supporting local businesses who truly make their products here and stand behind them, but if they are going to sell me chinese or other garbage at huge mark-up anyway, id just assume take the junk without the mark up.

The CVT is made in the same factory as the ARB after some research. Theyre both made in china. All of it comes from the same place. I hate to hear that about the CVT, theyre supposed to be like upper tier on the company range. Doing this gets you the same tent and cuts the middle man. If they would have sent a refund, they probably would have had to send it back to China, so they sent you rivets and stuff. Im all for buying a superior product.... if its quality and worth it. A lot of these companies are ordering 100s of these Chinese tents at a time, getting them at about 200 bucks a pop and charging $2,500 for them. The more you buy at once the cheaper they get... Economies of scale in the flesh.

I simply can't justify the expense of a quality hard shell tent for the few times a year I might get a chance to use it. I still have my old Mombasa RTT. It's beat up, can't get a new cover for it though the distributor in Dallas tried, and a pain to stow but would like something easier to stow if it's going on top of the GX. Getting older sux.

My thoughts exactly, Id use this thing a few times a year when I wouldnt have access to RV hookups. AC sure is nice lol

Little update if anyone's interested. My buddy who just got his China tents in yesterday was telling me I could use his customs agent and supplier if I want. He got the CVT tent. It's identical.

@beno

I hate that CVT didn't stand up. I've sent a lot of folks that way because I've been happy with mine. I'm approaching 3 years with mine and it's been just fine. When I received it and it was damaged and they helped me through the replacement process with FedEx.

I hate that CVT didn't stand up. I've sent a lot of folks that way because I've been happy with mine. I'm approaching 3 years with mine and it's been just fine. When I received it and it was damaged and they helped me through the replacement process with FedEx.

I should have stated this earlier. I will supplement my earlier post by adding that I do seem to be the overwhelming minority in terms of having an issue with CVT. Nearly everyone else I have talked to has been happy with product/service. I'm either unlucky or caught them on a bad day. It was just irritating dropping that much coin on a tent, then having them decline any responsibility for it coming apart at a corner, and then being sent a smattering of do-it-yourself parts to rebuild that corner.

I can get a decent price on the arb stuff if any of yall want a number just pm me

CVT has a store in Chattanooga now

Little update if anyone's interested. My buddy who just got his China tents in yesterday was telling me I could use his customs agent and supplier if I want. He got the CVT tent. It's identical.

Any update on this? Was the tent your buddy got decent?

The tent that my buddy got was a straight up CTV haha I have abandoned the RTT Idea due to not being able to get my dog up in there. Going to just go with a ground tent.

The tent that my buddy got was a straight up CTV haha I have abandoned the RTT Idea due to not being able to get my dog up in there. Going to just go with a ground tent.

#smardising

I really don't think it would be a good idea for the 3 of you to be in 1 location at a time. Mardis bought a 40 from Shush a few years back and it nearly broke the internet.

I really don't think it would be a good idea for the 3 of you to be in 1 location at a time. Mardis bought a 40 from Shush a few years back and it nearly broke the internet.

Truth

Haha I gotta hear the story on this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom