RTH... starts but immediately dies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I went to leave today and she will start but dies immediately. No previous issues whatsoever..
TIA

Have a way to jump start? If that works I’d go get the battery tested. Have you driven it lately?

I suspect battery. Good place to start. How old is your battery?

Capture+_2021-06-19-13-15-03.png

Just replaced the battery and it's still doing the same thing🤔

I had a crank start stall a couple weeks ago. Cleaned the maf and that resolved it.
Also verify you have gas

Nothing except, water intrusion. I parked on a hill a couple weeks ago nose down And noticed water in the driver side floorboard. It was wet under the dash

@grinchy how did you clean the MAF?

It appears to be clean..
There is a magic spray at the auto parts store labeled maf cleaner.

Your issue is likely related to the water intrusion though

Yep, so I just pulled off the kick panel and everything soaked in there

Nothing except, water intrusion. I parked on a hill a couple weeks ago nose down And noticed water in the driver side floorboard. It was wet under the dash
This will be the problem. Corroded or shorted connections from the water. Did you remove the carpet and/or associated trim to get the water out? You’ll need to do a complete drying sequence to dry everything.

I removed the trim currently shop vacuming and using compressed air to dry the area ...

The connectors by the kick panels are likely the source of issues. Open them carefully and look for corrosion. If the water has been there a while it is likely you will have a mess to deal with.

I definitely remember a post here a while back about someone dealing with the same issue. They used sole kind of contact cleaner and dielectric grease to get it all working. Unsure what to tell you to search for though.

I removed these connectors on the harness and everything looks good except for the bottom connector has some corrosion

1624142867098180703434462351310.jpg

Deoxit and dialectic grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom