Builds ROTW: Texus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more rock pics

since tireiron asked...hey, who doesn't want top show off some fun times!..and no, I'm not actively winching, nor is there much of any tension in the line when my buddy is checking things out in that pic...
lxfrenchcreek2.JPG
lxfrenchcreek3.JPG
lxholycross.JPG

Last edited:
so mo pics..

this was pretty fun I must say, a pretty cool low speed rush...on a trail anyways...and as you can see... sliders keep money out of the hands of body shops!
lxrearflex.JPG
lxtippytree.JPG
lxtippytree2.JPG

Last edited:
more pics

a couple more... hey, they kid likes puddles...it was all him!
lxpuddle.JPG
lxrearflex2.JPG

spare tire...

Very kool and different. How does that spare tire mount work for you?

I like how you have flood lights aimed at the sides. I am feeling inspired.

Yo jamis... spare is just strapped up for the trail... I was going to put up more permanently, but I dig not want excess sun damage possibly... I think it'd be less likely to crack as much if I keep it under... and I'm pretty good @ rotating these reg. & don't think the dude @ NTB would like grabbin' it off every few months...

Very kool and different. How does that spare tire mount work for you?

I like how you have flood lights aimed at the sides. I am feeling inspired.

Yo jamis... spare is just strapped up for the trail... I was going to put up more permanently, but I dig not want excess sun damage possibly... I think it'd be less likely to crack as much if I keep it under... and I'm pretty good @ rotating these reg. & don't think the dude @ NTB would like grabbin' it off every few months...

I saw that you were putting it up in some later photos. It didn't look like you had hiked it up there in your first couple of trail shots.

I had thought about putting a rack on a while back, skipping the carrier on the rear bumper, and then moving the spare to the rack for the trail. The loss of clearance from the rack would of caused me to have to forfeit garage privelages.

What kind of sound are you getting out of that flowmaster Texus?

flowmaster

nice mellow sporty sound... closest thing I can think is a really muffled Infiniti G35... and there is no whistle... since this is what happens when you remove the resonator from a stock exhaust for a custom rear bumper... not loud @ all...but a lil' throaty & mellow @ kow speeds... great sound @ start-up...unique...can't even tell @ highway speeds...

thanks...

sometimes I detail it & shine them tires up real nice & then hit some stuff...gets funny looks & comments like, "hey man... I don't think you want to go up there"... and I say why... it's just a little bumpy, right?!"

Last edited:
sometimes I detail it & shine them tires up real nice & then hit some stuff...gets funny looks & comments like, "hey man... I don't think you want to go up there"... and I say why... it's just a little bumpy, right?!"

LOL
love that
that is a very clean looking ride.

nice mellow sporty sound... closest thing I can think is a really muffled Infiniti G35... and there is no whistle... since this is what happens when you remove the resonator from a stock exhaust for a custom rear bumper... not loud @ all...but a lil' throaty & mellow @ kow speeds... great sound @ start-up...unique...can't even tell @ highway speeds...

I am thinking of doing a borla or flowmaster. Did it help with power (climbing hill at speed etc.) Would you do it again and do you have the resonator? I removed mine.
:beer:

I have good luck with low growl and good performance with a dynomax 3 chamber turbo muffler. I removed my flowmaster as it was too loud.

Awesome truck! The Lexus/bumpy comment had me laughing. Next time you should hold up the Starbucks cup and say "cheers!" to folks as you go by once you make comments like that :)

muff muff...

I am thinking of doing a borla or flowmaster. Did it help with power (climbing hill at speed etc.) Would you do it again and do you have the resonator? I removed mine.

I would do this exhaust again... I'mhaving trouble trying to figure out how some peeps think it's a loud muffler... it's just sporty to me... but then again, I run a B&B triflo on my bimmer, you know that one's there, but it's just music for a woody...

I have the resonator removed & that is why I got the flowmaster... couldn;t take that damn whistle anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I ha dthe $ @ the time, I would have done a borla though... I like their quality... I wish I had a good way to soundbyte this muffler...

I would do this exhaust again... I'mhaving trouble trying to figure out how some peeps think it's a loud muffler... it's just sporty to me... but then again, I run a B&B triflo on my bimmer, you know that one's there, but it's just music for a woody...

I have the resonator removed & that is why I got the flowmaster... couldn;t take that damn whistle anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I ha dthe $ @ the time, I would have done a borla though... I like their quality... I wish I had a good way to soundbyte this muffler...
I suspect the loudness opinions are just that. I just had my resonator removed and haven't noticed a whistle. I've been thinking about a flowmaster too. Can you take a short movie clip with your phone and MMS it to me? I could probably find a way to post it up then. Regardless, I'd like to hear it. I'll shoot you my mobile # via private mail in case you have the technology.

Great looking rig, thanks for sharing. I hadn't thought of feet getting stuck in the sliders but my 2 year old is close to climbing up on his own so I might have to look more closely at that.

slider mesh...

to keep from gettin stuck or fallin' through & hurtin' a leg or worse!... I also put griptape on the edges (skateboard s***)... nice when it's wet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom