ROTW: redcorn's TURD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks for posting redcorn. I saw your rig at metal techs shop when they finished the cage. as a matter a fact LT and I were discussing your SPOA just the other day. very well done.

clint

ARGH......................

scratch the disc swap.....the brackets from my 40 don't fit the 60 rear axle and I have to open up the ID of the rotors again....

screw it, I am gonna tighten up the drum stuff and move on for now.....muuuuahhahahahahahahahahahahhaaaa

The harnesses are ready to go in the rear seat.

Exhaust nuts have been soaking in Kroil all week.
Funny the ROTW finds my rig parked for a much needed refresher.

Screw it, the beer is cold, tunes are righteous and most of parts are here.

:beer:

john

That is a NICE LOOKING RIG...Very nice job!
Im lovin that cage in there!
Something Id LOVE to do one of these days...

What did your height come out to be after the SOA?
Im looking for dimensions from the ground to the center line of the head light!

My rig is TALL looking compared to yours!

Very nice and thanks for sharing that sweet cruiser!

Chicago

NAPA RULES!!!!

As always napa hooked me up with the goods to rebuild the rear brakes for the cost of one wheel cylinder from the stealership ........................

Back on the road, new exhaust and the stereo install this week..

Thanks

john

Love how you've kept the hight reasonable. Many SOA seam to be a bit tall and tipsy. If I ever get seriorus about lifting mine, you've got me rethinking OME SUA.

Pulling this one back up.

Any updates on the projects you had planned? Any new pics from Indy?

Paragon?

You're at Paragon? Are you in Indy or Pierceton? I'm in Warsaw...at one of the Ortho companies. About 6 months ago, I finished up a case project with Paragon (Pierceton)...it went better than great and it opened up a hopefully long relationship between our companies. If you see a white FJ60...thats me! I'll be waving "Hi" like a fool. :clap:
:steer:

...I've lived in Indiana my whole life. Even so, I can definitely see why it seems inferior to Oregon, or Washington, or Montana, or Wyoming, or Texas, or Utah, or Virginia, or Maine, or....:doh:....

ps nice truck

Coming up on three years as my daily driver.

42.375" headlight center to ground measurement.

I am commuting to Bloomington,IN on a regular basis now.
Averaging about 16-18 MPG.

With the K&N filter drawing in clean cold air through the snorkel, windows up and tires @ 50psi cold, this thing is as close to perfect as I can ask.

Sixties RULE!!!!

john

Those pics make me want to move out of Ca.... sigh.

Cruising along....

I found that rotating the head of the snorkel 180 degrees, I get 340 miles per tank, rather than about 275-290 miles.
Driving easily on interstates and county roads keeping it under 2500 rpm, this mileage is repeatable weekly.

De-vaned my smog pump about three weeks ago and removed the 25mm or so brittle lines from the backside of the smog pump has made the truck very responsive to start up and low rpm city driving.

It is a very docile truck, and my favorite of all the vehicles I have ever owned.

Currently researching a repower approach and considering a diesel repower from a Toyota in the next year or so. Til then I will continue to flog this 2F 4 speed daily.

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom