Builds Rotw - Pkp80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Antenna and Herc. Pics

TiredIRon,
thanks for the kind words, loved the vdo of your rig getting through that muddy section and the comment the guy recording made. SOmething about "it's not fair how your truck made its way up it so easily."

SLick,
Here are a few more pics of the cargo area, I hope they help. The one thing I like more about line-x or similar product is that it seems you get an more even spread, and no as much "clump" we'll call it. For the 80 bucks on the herc. it's well worth it though and it seems to be pretty tough. I still have about 1/2 gallon left. I'd also rec. doing it when the weather is a little warm 70's and not too humid. winter is not the weather for roll on products and fiberglass yet I always end up working with it during those monthes. Go figure!

Beowulf,
It's not a matter of needs, rather an issue of Wanting more lights :cool:

apcoleman,
The tie down is real quick, effective, and thrifty. thanx

Loquito here is that zoom in on the antenna mount
IMG_6541.jpg
IMG_6529.jpg
IMG_6533.jpg

Last edited:
Look at you Slick Sam... Did someone get a bit crafty with the herc on the tail gate, or was that a clever fix of a spill gone bad...

Looks great Sam!

-Matt

Sweet rig. Seems pretty darn functional if you ask me. Man you guys get me antsy to get my 80 going.

AMMO said:
Look at you Slick Sam... Did someone get a bit crafty with the herc on the tail gate, or was that a clever fix of a spill gone bad...

Looks great Sam!

-Matt

crafty with the rattle can, no cover up fix this time. thanks for the boost.
Just being a little creative.

boekppl said:
Sweet rig. Seems pretty darn functional if you ask me. Man you guys get me antsy to get my 80 going.

thnx, get your 80 going so you can share.

I like that Red 80 looks cool. Did your truck have a lift in that pic. It doesn't look like it.

Lower it WTF? I'm glad you and the cruiser were saved.

PKP80 said:
SLick,
Here are a few more pics of the cargo area, I hope they help. The one thing I like more about line-x or similar product is that it seems you get an more even spread, and no as much "clump" we'll call it. For the 80 bucks on the herc. it's well worth it though and it seems to be pretty tough. I still have about 1/2 gallon left. I'd also rec. doing it when the weather is a little warm 70's and not too humid. winter is not the weather for roll on products and fiberglass yet I always end up working with it during those monthes. Go figure!

Looks good. Thanks for the advice.

NorCalSam said:
I like that Red 80 looks cool. Did your truck have a lift in that pic. It doesn't look like it.

Lower it WTF? I'm glad you and the cruiser were saved.

No lift in that pic and yeah thank g-d the lift and balls g-d helped me with making the right choice.

Saaammmmyyyyy,
Some might say you can take the boy out of the bling but you can't take bling out of the boy. All I can say is - You've come a long way. Ammo and I are very proud of you. Now all you need to do is lose some of the gold chains and teeth.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Mammoth...great seeing you.

D...

CaliCruiser said:
that is a really nice rig man. . . props

Thanks, that means alot

silvercruiser said:
Saaammmmyyyyy,
Some might say you can take the boy out of the bling but you can't take bling out of the boy. All I can say is - You've come a long way. Ammo and I are very proud of you. Now all you need to do is lose some of the gold chains and teeth.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Mammoth...great seeing you.

D...

What Can i say some of use can not only do it, but do it with style. You and Ammo are great inspiration. Gold chains and teeth have been upgraded to Platinum diamond encrusted. :flipoff2:

The rest of the trip was excellent, I'll have to do it again soon.

And some more pics

some what overwhelmed with what I want to do next. I want to go bigger, but more technical things like dual batteries, and protective items such as frnt and rear bumpers skid plate are on my mind.
PICT0681.JPG
PICT0637.JPG
PICT0635.JPG

Last edited:
nice , got some new ideas now

good to se that you're actualy using it to :D

great pics

neowulf said:
nice , got some new ideas now

good to se that you're actualy using it to :D

great pics

Looking forward to using it more and getting a little more hardcore once it is not my DD. Thanks:beer:

You completely transformed that rig in less than a year :)

I remember seeing it for the first time at Surf-n-Turf a couple years ago, then again this past year.

Very nice!

:cheers:

AMMO said:

Looks great Sam!

-Matt

LOL.....Nice Matt. I think it looks cool:cool:

Sam you have a great group of friends and mentors down there. Almost as :cool: as the NorCal guys.

You have a nice looking truck Tree and I really like all the personal stuff you've done to it. Nice write up great rig.
:beer:

Final Thanks

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR INSPIRING, MOTIVATING, AND SUPPORTING ME THUS FAR. SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THE IH8MUD MODERATORS AND TO MANY MORE LC YEARS, MEMORIES, AND FRIENDS.:beer:

SAM

Final Thanks

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR INSPIRING, MOTIVATING, AND SUPPORTING ME THUS FAR. SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THE IH8MUD MODERATORS AND TO MANY MORE LC YEARS, MEMORIES, AND FRIENDS.:beer:

SAM
Oh my... how did I find this?
Here is a good ole 11 year bump.
You need to up date this... haha.

GEEZZZ how did you find find this? The truck has gone through several rebuilds since that point. Here are a few recent ones. Currently the 80 has a 3 link front w/ 14" coilovers, triangulated 4 link rear with 16" coilovers, custom fuel tank, full roll cage, Mastercraft racing seats front and rear. No thanks to Turf and Surf it also has a bent front axle so it needs to be thrown back on the rack and worked on. I want to swap both axles, but I am leaning on just a front axle swap for the time being until I can run an atlas X case in the next year at which point I will swap out both axles.

Oh my... how did I find this?
Here is a good ole 11 year bump.
You need to up date this... haha.

20140418_174240.jpg

20141025_124401.jpg

20160109_153343.jpg

20160109_153427.jpg

NCM_1176.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom