ROTW ROTW HawkDriver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks everyone. :beer:

Nuclearlemon-The fiberglass tub does have it's weaknesses. There really aren't any spiderwebs, maybe one small one. I did get a tree branch wedged between the frame and below the fuel tank which popped a 4 inch long "tear" into it. Steel wouldn't have even budged.

Mel-You want another set of 4? hehe, not too high on the list now, maybe someday.

Alaskan-I guess he just cut out the old ones and they fit nicely and stuck right to it.

Bandy-Thanks, but it has it's flaws up close. I drove around a beater for 5 years, so I feel ya. I miss that one though and it was easier to beat her up. ;)

Cam-Soon my friend (not soon enough). :beer:

Magoo-I was hopin someone could shed some light on those. I'd like the straight ones. It came that way with the tub already cut for em.

:beer: :beer:

Max-Thanks, I already have a 3D plan on blender to add a full rack to it.

Hawk - Nice ROTW write-up. Love the wheeling pictures.

Looks awesome and in great condition.

Nice write-up. Dune beige has to be the perfect cruiser color. I sure miss riding around on Fort Hood. Me and some of my buddies used to take our ATV's there years ago when it was still open to the public. Was that a leather-wrapped steering wheel I saw? :cool:

Oh, and nice rack!

Hey hawk sweet rig!! How do you like the straight down bar on your roll cage? Is it difficult to get in and out of the cruiser? Thanks, Chuck

Yep, leather wrapped. ;) Fort Hood is the only decent place to wheel around here besides Katemcy rocks near Mason TX or Barnwell mountain in Gilmer TX. Neither of which I have been to because they're each about 2-3 hours from where I live and just havn't made it there yet.

I gots to be sneaky on Hood, I got the fishing pass and usually have my rod and reel with me just incase the game warden stops me (but I'm usually fishing anyway). It is actually open to the public for most everything but offroading, ATVing, Mtn biking, lighting a fire, or camping. So you can birdwatch, walk your dog, hike, rappell, hunt, fish, scout for hunting etc. This is how you have to sneak around to offroad.

As for the roll bar, it really doesn't make it difficult to get into or out of. I would like it a little more out of the way, but honestly when driving I never even notice it's there. Just makes you feel more tucked in when you first climb into it.

The dune is nice, but mustard is my favorite 40 color. :D

yeah hawk,
unfortunately you are stuck with what you have on there because the PO cut out the other stuff for some reason.but i like those better.they came on early 40's.later 40's had horizontal lines like on the hood.

Nice, Man! :beer:

Do you recall who built the tub?

HawkDriver said:
Well, I think Mallory or something like that was mentioned a while back.

Mallotte, out of California. Got one on mine.

You have a nice rig, Hawk. Really like the color.

Great Rig! Really like the color as well.

Is that a VW pad on your gas pedal?

Very sweet! Where did you get the roof racks? Looks like they fit great. We kayak a lot and we use our 4 Runner for transport. Sure woulod be nice to use the cruizer.

HawkDriver said:
Thanks a bunch big Cap'n. Mallotte, yeah that's it. How old is your tub?

I put it on about 1997. Holding up quite well for the amount of abuse I put her thru. My fiberglass fenders have taken a beating, though. :rolleyes:

you wouldn't want to make another set of clamps for the roof rack would you. I would love to be able to carry my canoe on my 40......

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom