ROTW CruisinMT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

last one
IMG_0609.jpg

Those early pics look alot like my '69 when I first brought it home. I think it's cool your keeping it more or less stock. How do you like your vacume operated transfer shifter?, I had a '72, but think I prefer the vac unit.

Those early pics look alot like my '69 when I first brought it home. I think it's cool your keeping it more or less stock. How do you like your vacume operated transfer shifter?, I had a '72, but think I prefer the vac unit.

The vacuum shift is really awesome, the activator gave me some problems early on since it had sat so long but i just sprayed some Wd-40 on it and it worked perfect again. The 4wd in this thing is pretty much unstoppable and I don't really worry about it. The vacuum shift is just so simple to use and it leaves the floor uncluttered. I wouldn't replace it unless I absolutely had to. I try to keep it simple, keep it as close to stock as possible and enjoy it. This thing is definately not a garage queen.

Nice Cruiser and write-up. Nice to see the action shots and originals as well. Thanks:cheers:

Very very nice!

Damn I miss living there. I grew up in Kalispell. I'm up there a couple times a year. I bought my 100series in Whitefish last summer. Nice 40 and that flatbed P/U is awesome. Nice pics.

Yeah you can't beat living in Western Montana really other than maybe Alaska. It's pretty awesome to be able to drive less than 5 miles to hit a 4x trail. The flatbed is my buddies. I've witnessed that thing go through some pretty awesome mud pits. I've yet to go through any pits with my 33's I always got stuck with my 31's and would get hung up on my pumpkins on deep ruts, but fun none the less.

Kyoso if you're up here this summer and take 93 from missoula to kalispell you'll probably see my 40 along the highway in Ronan.

Yeah you can't beat living in Western Montana really other than maybe Alaska. It's pretty awesome to be able to drive less than 5 miles to hit a 4x trail. The flatbed is my buddies. I've witnessed that thing go through some pretty awesome mud pits. I've yet to go through any pits with my 33's I always got stuck with my 31's and would get hung up on my pumpkins on deep ruts, but fun none the less.

Kyoso if you're up here this summer and take 93 from missoula to kalispell you'll probably see my 40 along the highway in Ronan.

I'll look for it in August. I'll stop by and flip your bezel over so you'll know I was there.:hillbilly: I spent a couple hours at the NAPA there last summer trying to secure the driveline I disconnected on my 4Runner so I could pull it on a dolly.

nice

Nice FJ

it's got character amazing how it spruced up ---not overly modified but you made it yours, I like it!:clap:

Good job done to your old Cruiser!
Man!very well said your story!It touched most of us,Cruiser-loving people.
Keep cruising with your buddies in the beautiful Montana!
(its montaneous landscape remembers me my country of origin,Greece)
...and share with us from time to time some pics! Thank you!:beer:

Mits

PS. Btw,your buddy's first generation HiLux is awsome!
-----------
1984 BJ42,3B diesel,factory H55F 5spd (rebuilt),16 inch skinny rims,
No P/S ,2.5 inch OME suspension kit,4E9 Toyo beige and as original as possible!

Last edited:
Nice photos and rig. I love Montana also, but after taking my cruiser out tonight and seeing that it was -14 F, sometimes I wonder about it.

great pic's and thread...........:steer::steer:...........love MT as well Red Lodge MT area is my favorite:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom