ROTW - cc93cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good job on the air tank now I can bum air off you when we are wheeling :) whey did you go with the outback air instead of a power tank ? was it cheaper ? I got to get me one soon.

You, my dad and bro can bum air anytime now! :D .. I bought the Outback System instead of the Powertank, because it was about $100-$120 cheaper, and it is has basically the same function as the Powertank.. I've heard of a lot of people running these CO2 with no problem...

Since my time is almost up, I thought I would post a couple of pics of my old fj60 and my dad's 97 cruiser, this is my measuring stick ;) ! Oh there are also pics of the aftermath of the 60 roll over, enjoy :crybaby: !

5e95c5

5e95du

5e95iv

5e95q9

5e95w1

5e9654

landtoy80 said:
How did you (and others) not get killed in that roll?
Looks like the 60 needs a roll cage.

thats the same thing im wondering, how did you manage that? once again all gorgeous rigs :cheers:

Wow man, what an awesome ride, and an awesome write up on all the specific things you've done to it.

I think it is wonderful that you and your pops share the same love of cruisers. Actually it was my father who got me going on them (he has/had 80's and 100's). Only prob is his are always absolutely stock and he's skeered to go out with me (I'm hoping he's reading this!) The few shots of your father's rig really show he's serious, how very cool I think.

That rear bumper is indeed impressive. I like the quarter panel protection. Maybe I missed it but how wide is it with those wings? They make the bumper look visually wider but I'm wondering by how much? I guess that extra meat there (aside from holding up the wing) is alotta extra protection and prolly a good step too??? Unfortunately you've got the same stinkin problem I've got with that front bumper ... its not a winch version!) You think if we arrange a "group trade in" (as opposed to a simple "group buy") ARB might give us the winch versions for just the difference in price??? Yea I wish. Seriously though, really great protection front and rear.

I love those lights too man. I've turned down so many forest-night-runs which can be so cool (the serenity of snow covered forests is so amazing anytime but especially at night) because I have not had any light upgrade so far. The IPF rounds on your bumper must brighten your way for miles!!!

Wow, I could go on and on but, , what a nice rig. Good show! This ROTW idea is awesome also. :cheers:

turbocruiser said:
Wow man, what an awesome ride, and an awesome write up on all the specific things you've done to it.

I think it is wonderful that you and your pops share the same love of cruisers. Actually it was my father who got me going on them (he has/had 80's and 100's). Only prob is his are always absolutely stock and he's skeered to go out with me (I'm hoping he's reading this!) The few shots of your father's rig really show he's serious, how very cool I think.

That rear bumper is indeed impressive. I like the quarter panel protection. Maybe I missed it but how wide is it with those wings? They make the bumper look visually wider but I'm wondering by how much? I guess that extra meat there (aside from holding up the wing) is alotta extra protection and prolly a good step too??? Unfortunately you've got the same stinkin problem I've got with that front bumper ... its not a winch version!) You think if we arrange a "group trade in" (as opposed to a simple "group buy") ARB might give us the winch versions for just the difference in price??? Yea I wish. Seriously though, really great protection front and rear.

I love those lights too man. I've turned down so many forest-night-runs which can be so cool (the serenity of snow covered forests is so amazing anytime but especially at night) because I have not had any light upgrade so far. The IPF rounds on your bumper must brighten your way for miles!!!

Wow, I could go on and on but, , what a nice rig. Good show! This ROTW idea is awesome also. :cheers:

Thanks turbocruiser for the comments, indeed I am lucky my father shares the same interests as me! I actually don't have any measurments of the rear bumper. The side wings/protection is solid! Go up to your ARB and grab on to the bull bar (round hoops) and try to budge it, that's how sturdy it is(does not even move or even a slightist vibration!). Well, I will be looking forward to your write up and all others! Can't wait to see who is up next! Later t'cruiser!

Robert what the heck happened w/ ref to the roll over of that once beautiful 60 series. Glad to see your ok, but fill us in pleaseeee.

Where were you and your father in those other pics? Is it anywhere around here?

Thanks. Mike in Benicia.

WALoeIII said:
Can we hear a little bit about the roll of the 60?
Yes sir!

Cookiemonster said:
Robert what the heck happened w/ ref to the roll over of that once beautiful 60 series. Glad to see your ok, but fill us in pleaseeee.

Where were you and your father in those other pics? Is it anywhere around here?

Thanks. Mike in Benicia.

Man oh Man! That was a sweet 60 indeed! That is, untill the damn brakes on the damn cruiser failed on me during a steep hill climb :mad: ! Damn 60 series :rolleyes: ...........J/K :D .....I loved that rig, it got me places the majority of the crowd couldn't! It was up on a steep trail where my front started to lose traction and didn't want to climb any longer.. So I wanted to reverse back very carefully and try the trail from a different line, but as I popped it out of neutral with the brakes obviuosly in, the brakes all of the sudden lost all pressure and no more braking :doh: . Well, after going backwards for about 5-10 seconds with NO braking power at all, the rig finally came to a complete stop, well after it rolled a couple of times :D ! I walked away with only minor cuts, scrapes and bruises. My dad in the other hand, had a broken clavical bone or collar.. The End..... Mike, the pics of my father and I were actually taken at Hollister Hills and Frank Raines OHV State Parks.. Here is a couple of pics of the fallen soldier:

5k3e60

5k3ed1

5k3ejc

Pic of the trail, looks like a walk in the park, but there is lots of very loose gravel & rocks!!!

5k3eqw

You should just chop the top (or what's left of it), put a solid roll bar in it, make it a convertible and keep running it. I'll assume the engine and all (minus the brakes) are still fine. Why didn't you pop the cluch and bring it to a stop that way? assuming it is a manual tranny.

-Sam-

PKP80, I actually sold the cruiser for $300.00 afterwards! :doh: ..Everything minus brakes worked perfectly! Engine started right up. All I had to do is take spark plugs out and crank engine a couple of times to let the oil shoot-out of the top end of the engine. Started right after!

cc93cruiser said:
Here is a pic of how the cruiser looks like today with all the modifications mentioned below, you can compare:
5cc47m

VERY nice looking! Is that the rig with the 2.5 OME or the 5" slee? Looks sharp!

this is how she currently looks now( updated pic):

107pfdi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom