ROTM ll September (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Garbage. Junk. Doesn't work.

Can't have a pretty truck and wheel it too.....grumble grumble....

Damn I love that halfcab.

For those who do not know this truck (or the simpleton driver)- I have seen this truck go places I was scared to take my banged up, dented, armored and half spray bombed rig. It wheels with (and better than) the best of 'em.

As for your mech skills being limited, I call BS.

How do you like the 4x4 labs set up? I had not noticed it last I saw your truck.

(commence bashing of being at fenway rather than the FG.)

Thanks for the comments.

JJS - It looks like oem LC PS that was added at some point. The PS pump bracket is not oem so not exactly sure.

rabid blathered:
Garbage. Junk. Doesn't work.

Can't have a pretty truck and wheel it too.....grumble grumble....

Damn I love that halfcab.
Do you know of any good NE soft top shops? I'd like to get it reproduced in heavy canvas.

For those who do not know this truck (or the simpleton driver)- I have seen this truck go places I was scared to take my banged up, dented, armored and half spray bombed rig. It wheels with (and better than) the best of 'em.
Thanks...I think. Well, I do like the simple approach :flipoff2:. I just follow JR's (4Lo&Go) lines and everything seems to work out.

As for your mech skills being limited, I call BS.

How do you like the 4x4 labs set up? I had not noticed it last I saw your truck.
I am mostly happy with it. The steering is tighter lock-to-lock and it eliminated most of the slop in the linkage. Having the tie rod behind the diff is great in the rocks. The tie rod does touch the DS frame rail when the tire gets stuffed in the fender but Luke says it's not an issue. The paint get scraped off but no denting.

(commence bashing of being at fenway rather than the FG.)
I'm actually still searching for the words to describe my disbelief. I think Wildman has done a good job of expressing my thoughts on the matter. That said, do it again and you're :ban:.

:hillbilly:

Thanks for the comments.

JJS - It looks like oem LC PS that was added at some point. The PS pump bracket is not oem so not exactly sure.

Oh, it's probably minitruck then. I was wondering how it performed offroad with the 35's and Q78's. Are you locked in front? I have a box and bracket sitting in the garage, and am debating on whether or not I want to run it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82cruiser
Thanks for the comments.

Oh, it's probably minitruck then. I was wondering how it performed offroad with the 35's and Q78's. Are you locked in front? I have a box and bracket sitting in the garage, and am debating on whether or not I want to run it.

It has worked well and moves the tires under most circumstances. The only times when I have to strong arm it are when it's wedged in the rocks. It's locked in the front. I'd recommend installing what you have. Do you plan on running 35's or going larger?

It has worked well and moves the tires under most circumstances. The only times when I have to strong arm it are when it's wedged in the rocks. It's locked in the front. I'd recommend installing what you have. Do you plan on running 35's or going larger?

I was going to keep it around 35's. I'm going to use a Saginaw pump, which has slightly more boost than the Yota pump.

I was also thinking about a 60 box or Scout Saginaw.

Conact WIldman about the top- his buddy does rover tops, all custom. Nice work. He is probably your best bet, if not- he can point you in the right direction.

And they were freaking monstah seats. What am I gonna do?

Wildman can talk to me when his 40 moves without the aid of a Bobcat.

Randy, did you buy the whole 4x4 Labs kit?

Are the tree sliders just welded on to your cage?

Need more pics and a write-up on how you did the doors.

Lane

Conact WIldman about the top- his buddy does rover tops, all custom. Nice work. He is probably your best bet, if not- he can point you in the right direction.

And they were freaking monstah seats. What am I gonna do?

Wildman can talk to me when his 40 moves without the aid of a Bobcat.

If I wanted it to move on its own, thats easy, but it would be as ugly as your truck :flipoff2:I would like to build a truck more like randys, you know the type:
moves (and safe to drive on the road)
good paint
not a rot box
and WHEELS

pretty much everything yours isnt/dosnt. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

The bottom line is you could have sold your 'monsta seats' and bought the WHOLE CAMP A ROUND at FG. (more than likely would have been chickaloboe ultra but I would have delt with it.) AND paid for your whole weekend. :princess:

as long as we are hijacking...

My truck has no rust....except the frame. And that nonsense started when I lived on the sandbar/ saltbox you call home.

You would not make yours as ugly as mine without a 12 pack and a mallet.

What fun is safety on the road? Overrated. Your wheeling truck proves this.

I would not drive that thing across your parking lot.

I gave the other two tix to a friend and his wife, and my wife and I got free beer and food all night :flipoff2:

Why would I care about you clowns?

So,,, are you two friends? : )

Nope. I just go to his shop for beer on sundays when I am on cape.

Stupid blue laws.

:)

Shreck, huh....well...I do have a big head and a bit of a belly.

You really DO love me, they abolished the blue laws like 2 years ago douche. :flipoff2:

Oh yea, lets just clarify the only time you get to stop by the shop is when the wife lets you off the leash. :banana:

Ref-FINAL.jpg

Randy, did you buy the whole 4x4 Labs kit?

Are the tree sliders just welded on to your cage?

Lane
I did get the entire kit from 4x4Labs.

The tree sliders bolt onto the cage. I added two pics in posts #'s 15 & 16 which show the mounting tabs.

Good pics, I like that you can unbolt them when you need to.
Pretty simple design. : )

Fantastic Cruiser !
Wondering if the tops were custom made? Or can they be found to purchase online somewhere?

Thanx, Marco

He had them custom made, I think he should gat a patent
on them and go into production. A half top like that would
sell.

No doubt.

I think you have a tonneau that covers the rear deck as well, right?

That is such a badassss fullsize top:flipoff2:....
It just stands out ~ more than anything out there :bounce:I want that:bounce:
It has nice tight clean lines... and all the options how you want to ride with it:popcorn:... presently lookin for somethin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom