Roof Rack Recommendations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

peytonkristen

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been looking into adding a roof rack to my 97. I currently have the Thule cross bars and a NAPA awning attached to my factory rack and would like to add a rack/basket to the existing setup. Are there any that are being used that won't break the bank but worth spending your money on? For now, I plan on keeping my factory rack. Your experience and ideas are much appreciated! Pics welcome!
1997 Landcruiser.jpg

Gamaviti won’t break the bank if you have 1100ish, but if you have 500 then it’s not affordable. Went this route rather then something modular. I didn’t want something else to rattle and potentially come loose.

0BEDB250-F0B6-40C3-B762-DEE08BCB3EAA.jpeg

Yea, those stands look very stout, its the sloped driveway that has me worried. Also a big fan of Gamiviti racks.

Another vote for Gamiviti.
Small business owner who's also a Land Cruiser enthusiast!

I'

I think the Bowfin is the one I like best. That looks nice and clean. Also appears to be very sturdy. Their website say's it's sold out. How long was your wait?
I think I had to wait a few weeks before they became available again. That was this time last year. I believe they update the site inventory Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

I considered this for quite a while. The newer low-profile units are pretty slick, but I didn't like the idea of having to buy extra stuff to clamp things on to the rack. I ended up going with a full-length alloy ARB rack. It sticks up higher than others, but the wire mesh bottom is awesome. Plus, the rig still fits in my garage just fine (note: I do NOT have a standard height garage door - it is much taller than that). Just a set of tie-down straps or bungees and you are good to go. It was a bit expensive, though - something like $1200 delivered if I remember correctly.

20210702_165158-jpg.2720059

Another vote for Bowfin. Got mine last year. Definitely have to be ready to pull the trigger when they restock the site on Wednesday (I think) each week.

Forgot to mention, at Gamaviti he’ll work with you to do custom work too. For instance the guy that I bought my awning off of hd one. He asked if his rack could have a removable front front cage carrier so he could always throw a full sheet of plywood if he wanted to. Just food for thought.

Yea, those stands look very stout, its the sloped driveway that has me worried. Also a big fan of Gamiviti racks.
Yeah, at that height I had it raised to was about the limit at which the front jacks base began to lift up. The wide bases give me more confidence to work underneath it in my driveway. Most people in my neighborhood change their oil in the streets due to the driveways.

i opted for the period correct enkei factory option basket. couldnt be happier (other than the people who i imported it through bent the backside on something)

RIGHT SIDE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom