Roll over fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

semlin said:
I imagine it might collapse faster the second time :D

Or collapse in a less predictable manner ...

I guess you could always drive around with a few hi-jacks racheted from floor to ceiling :D

TY

PS: Yes, it was Drexx's site where I saw the 80 I think.

cruiserdan said:
You may be thinking of Amamdo's 80 that was rolled by Drexx's sister? I think.

Who is now Amando's wife? (Or was it another sister?)

I beleive that cruiser became the Ultimate Cruiser?

(I could be wrong on both accounts)

Was that the cruiser he was thinking of putting portals on? Or did put them on?

TY

LandCruiserPhil said:
Watched an 80 rolled a couple of months ago on level ground at low speed. It came to rest on its roof. While I was running back to see if everyone was OK the front A pillar collapse due to the 80's weight on the roof. So does it really matter if the roof has been repaired if in stock form it can’t support the weight without collapsing?
Yes, it would matter. If it rolls over the roof and continues onto the side, it would likely support the truck (as did Wrench's), but may not if previously rolled. Personally Phil, I do not care what YOU do.

Just one little jab at shots then I will get serious,
I ran fins and things with a freind running a totally stock 92 geo tracker so that dont count for much.

as to the roof replacement the tricky part is not thte outer skin but the inner bows and correcting any kinks and bends in them. the amount of labor needed to do such a swap would be pretty intensive and not a really cost effective option. better option is to either find a donor body off of a early model year (think 91-92) and swap the body and wiring over to the new frame. or possible a little more cahllenging but definitely cool would be to retrofit the axles under a non lockered veh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom