Roll over fzj80

Hi,

I would like to know if it safe to repair a roll over fzj80 replacing the roof for a new one.

Claudio

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer

Depends on how bad and who is doing the work.

I have seen some pretty remarkable repairs on wrecked vehicles. Replacing a roof might be pricey. Where are you located? You could post some pics for us and we could recommend shops depending on where you live to take it to. If you where in Denver, I know who I would recommend.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
A good body man can repair just about any sheet metal damage if parts are available and cost is not an issue. The value of whole 80's now is such that damage requiring a new roof panel will almost certainly total the vehicle. A new roof skin alone, in the crate, is over a thousand dollars.

Out of curiosity would this be pertaining to the rolled white 80 with lockers on ebay that went for $3,500 or the rolled gold LX450 on ebay?

A convertible with roll bars would be pretty sweet too...

Last edited:

Junk

Wrench rolled his 80 when wheeling it. Replaced the roof and had an internal cage fabbed up for it. Search for some of his older threads - think it was rolled about 2 yrs ago.

I would not wheel it after it was rolled unless it had a solid cage.

semlin said:
thought this was a trash talkj thread from a 100 owner :D
If that a been a 100 it wouldn't have rolled. VSC baby! :D

KIDDING KIDDING......NO "100 HATE REPLIES" PLEASE. :D

Seriously, if I could do my own work I'd luv a rolled 80 project vehicle. My imagination is running wild right now! :)

Isn't there a fellow mudster from the Phillipines that had a rolled 80 rebuilt? Or am I thinking of someone else ??\

TY

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

Watched an 80 rolled a couple of months ago on level ground at low speed. It came to rest on its roof. While I was running back to see if everyone was OK the front A pillar collapse due to the 80's weight on the roof. So does it really matter if the roof has been repaired if in stock form it can’t support the weight without collapsing?

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

SR.GRINGO - love your new Calvin avatar! Was always a great fan of Calvin and Hobbes!

Top Bottom