Rod's 02 LC build! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all.

Bought a 2002 LC with 178K miles. Clean rust free car with an excellent service record.

Differential, transfer case, T-body, hose heater replaced, new alternator in 2016 ( All done at Right Toyota in Scottsdale AZ)
New brakes, brake flush, flush A/C evaporator system, repack wheel bearing, replaced seals, replaced right front door actuator, new inner and outer CV boots, new water pump and timing belt in 2018 (10K ago). (All done at Right Toyota)

New spark plugs, drive belt, 2 front new tires, a/c recharged, new air filter, wiper blades September 2019 ( Done at Autonation dealership where I bought the vehicle)

Since I've purchased the truck in September I've replaced the radiator with a Toyota OEM, replaced the Denso Nav system with a used one from Ebay and both struts for the rear door.

Truck was undecorated with great lakes rustproofing.

Currently on a 3 day spa getting paint corrected and a layer of 9h ceramic coating.

Here are some pics.
20191004_102016.jpg
20190923_121450.jpg
20191003_183633.jpg
20190923_121441.jpg
20191004_094448.jpg

Last edited:
Today I purchased

ARB Deluxe front bar
ARB roof rack with mounting hardware
ARB 968 spot light
X20 Winch
5 Micky Thompson MT 285/75/16

Still mulling over the rear bumper options with a rear swing
Also looking at 1.5" or 2.5" heavy lift with OME with a diff drop
Removing step bars and adding sliders.

Planning on ordering the rest by the weekend.

Would love everyone's imput!

Congrats. What are your plans? Are you going to delete the NAV?

I looked into it but realized no Tesla style screen works for my 01/02 build date. My a/c is incorporated into the touch screen.

I looked into it but realized no Tesla style screen works for my 01/02 build date. My a/c is incorporated into the touch screen.
I have a 01 with factory nav. Planning on a non nav and double den dashboard to modernize.

So was mine :) If you go this route you will make money selling your old stuff.

Or does little supper clean though

Today I purchased

ARB Deluxe front bar
ARB roof rack with mounting hardware
ARB 968 spot light
X20 Winch
5 Micky Thompson MT 285/75/16

Still mulling over the rear bumper options with a rear swing
Also looking at 1.5" or 2.5" heavy lift with OME with a diff drop
Removing step bars and adding sliders.

Planning on ordering the rest by the weekend.

Would love everyone's imput!
I'd do a 2.5" lift and a Dissent no cut rear bumper. With the ARB and Dissent powder coated grey.

I'd do a 2.5" lift and a Dissent no cut rear bumper. With the ARB and Dissent powder coated grey.

Ordered OME heavy 2.5" lift from Metal Tech
I ended up ordering a Dobidson rear bumper with rear tire swing out and twin jerry can holder
Also picked up a Smittybilt 2783 RTT from Amazon has a killer deal for rn.

Both bumpers I've ordered come pc black. I do like the grey with black look though.

Spoke to someone at Dissident. Looks like an amazing great product. Price after PC is about double the Dobidson.

Over the weekend was able to play around

Install OME 2.5" heavy kit.
had the tire shop install 295/75/16 KO2'S
Removed factory step bars
Aligment was not possible due to worn out inner tie rods. Bought both outer and inner for both side. Plan to do that Wednesday.

Front bumper on Tomorrow.
20191118_154516.jpg

No. Purchased it from Arizona. Had it shipped in September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom